Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?
How is the ThinkPad x131e? I'm split between that and a t430 for a university laptop next year, and with the coupon I have (in Canada) they're only 50$ apart at the base models.

VVV: Thanks for the quick response! :) I'm definitely much more inclined to spend the extra money on the t430 now.

victorisham fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

I recently purchased an x230i tablet (the i3 core version in tablet mode, basically) used like new off Ebay. The first thing my dad told me when it arrived was not to use the tablet mode because he's a computer repairman and he said he's repaired tons of the swivel-hinges the T's use.

Is it true that they're not that durable? Would it be best to just keep it in normal laptop angles? The laptop's been really good for my needs so far but I don't want to break it too fast, especially without the Lenovo warranty.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

DrDork posted:

Agreed, there's not much you can do about choosing to buy a laptop with crappy build quality. The ThinkPad/Yogas are not in that category, however, and if you break one, it's probably your fault.

That's comforting! I assume my father must have just dealt with a lot of people who treated their laptops like crap, yeah.