Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

I hate picking a new laptop. My last pick I went ultra-cheap and now I have a machine that can't really open VS Code without having a heart attack.
Anxiety about ports, screens, and power are making me start thinking the Framework 13 is now my best option. I have spare SSDs and power bricks so I think I can get one of those nice new AMD ones for about $1,000. I can also find a nice Thinkpad T14s for a little more but it just makes me nervous. Not crazy about being unable to upgrade the RAM later on.

Does anyone have a FW13? I don't need to be super trendy but I think the ability to change my mind about individual components later on would do my brain good in the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Can someone with wisdom please give me a sanity check on this Thinkpad P14s? It looks like a good deal to me - RAM, current gen, AMD, etc - but I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious. Don't need a super computer, just something that will last a few years and has a decent battery. I posted in January about possibly getting a Framework but ultimately elected not to.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Thanks, I think I'll pick it up then. I did see that deal for the OLED version but I got scared off by reports I saw about the battery life. I'm sure it's fine but at a thousand dollars I am a little more discerning about details.