Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Has anyone with a T430s tried cleaning dust out of their fan? I can't work out how to get to it properly which is annoying since everything else is easy to access.

Other than that would strongly recommend the T4**s line to anyone. Would be almost perfect if the bezel was a bit smaller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

movax posted:

Do you have an extremely frustrating whine from the 5V regulator on yours? I'm on my second T420 and it's really pissing me off at this point.

Also great thread title Hadlock.

Not at all, it's incredibly quiet. It worked well but I've been using it in dusty environments quite a lot and it now gets pretty warm quite quickly when playing media (somehow itunes takes it to like 80 degrees C after a bit) etc.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The 1050 (Ti) looks really exciting, way smaller power draw than the 1060 according to the leaks

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Had a play with an x1 extreme and new xps 15. The x1x feels way higher quality in person (I think an unreasonable amount of that might be the ugly font on the xps keyboard). Not sure about thermals in practice buy the x1x also had mote substantial looking vents