Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
I have 2000 cad to spend and I'm looking for something for photoshop and lightroom. I've never owned a laptop before so I have no idea really. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
I’m looking at a Dell XPS 15 9530 for work. My biggest concern is the 4K display and I’m wondering if all my apps are going to display properly. The only reason I’m worried about this is cuz I’ve tried to set up some apps and RDPs for a few coworkers in the past on their 4K screens and everything looked really tiny and hosed up, impossibly small text, etc. I tried loving with scaling but didn’t manage to fix it for them though I didn’t have the time to fully drill down and research it.

I’ll be hooking up to 1080 monitor when I’m in my office so maybe I can just set it as the primary display and I’ll be all good? Just not sure how things will work when on the go.