Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Found this on eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/276275087332 . I’m looking to downsize from a gaming laptop to something more portable that can handle light coding better than an iPad but doesn’t need to run modern games. I’m trying to figure out the catch. It’s a certified refurbed Gen 2a X13 that’s like $100 cheaper than any other seller on eBay.

Seems like a solid deal for the use case if anyone else is bargain hunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Apparently certified refurbished stuff on eBay is supposed to come with original or new accessories, but who knows. A charger is an accessory, right? Otherwise I’ll make up the price difference with a replacement.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Old thinkpad trip report: it arrived with the charger and looked brand new. Threw Fedora on it, set up powertop with Linux sleep and it’s pushing my iPad back to a media device.

The build quality on this thing is insane. It was refreshing to have a non Apple hardware device live up to a reputation of quality. The weight is awesome too. My old laptop was a 15” ROG Strix so it didn’t really provide a portable experience. I forgot how nice it is to have a full-os device with good battery life and a form factor and heat profile that means you can actually use it as something you can carry along.

I kinda want to buy another one for my wife.