Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Acer are showing off the S7 and S3 at Computex

That S7 with a Haswell chip :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Naffer posted:

It looks like the X1 carbon doesn't ship with a chip >15W. I guess a 28W GT3 Haswell dual core is kind of out of the question for light ultrabooks isn't it?

The Asus Zenbook Infinity will reportedly be shipping with a GT3 chip,

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man that new zenbook is one sexy machine

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

It's Gorilla Glass 3, which Corning claims is harder than sapphire. I guess that doesn't really matter if you drop it on the corner, though.

I didn't know sapphire is actually rated a 9 on Moh's hardness scale - the same as tungsten carbide!

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

VorpalFish posted:

I just looked at the 11 inch model of that, and it's almost perfect, except they don't offer a processor option with the GT3 GPU configuration. Anyone know if the laptop I'm looking for exists yet? (probably not I'm really picky)

-Small; 11.6" is ideal, up to 14" acceptable
-under 3 pounds
-IPS panel with a minimum resolution of 1080p
-haswell with GT3 GPU configuration

I've seen a few things that are almost there, but nothing perfect. Am I out of luck? I don't care what it costs.

MBA has GT3. Otherwise the Asus Zenbook Infinity which will be out later this year.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
For ultrabooks with removable HDDs, what is the best SSD to replace them with?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Seriously looking at getting a Yoga 2 Pro - if you bought it when it came out and have used it every day - are you still happy with the purchase? or are there one or two infuriating things about it that drive you mental?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah I was afraid someone was going to post a glowing review like that. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

FWIW I haven't had a single wifi issue to date with my Y2P.

I think my post came off as being sarcastic when it wasn't. Definitely looking to pick up one of the orange ones.