Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I used my TV for a week or so when my monitor died. Reading text on it was terrible and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I want a laptop pretty much exclusively for gaming while at work. Doesn’t need ultra super max settings or anything, just to play all games more or less smoothly.

It’ll get lugged maybe 5 minutes to and from my car every day and that’s about it. I don’t know much about gaming laptops aside from what I read in OP and 2019 buyers guide.

Don’t care too much about money but would ideally stay in the 900-1300ish range.

Any Black Friday deals I should look out for?

Skimming reddit it seemed like the Y540 or Helios 300 are probably what I want?

Any suggestions or feedback? I heard the Helios fans are really loud and since it’s a workplace I’m leaning Y540, but any suggestions would be welcomed.

Any Black Friday or cyber Monday things I should be holding out for? Walmart has the y540 on sale now and I might bite since reddit says that’s about what to expect.

Is the 144mhz screen going to burn battery a lot faster or worth buying compared to the standard?

Already have a gaming pc at home, don’t really care about money too much. Basically just want the best value for something to set up and play throughout the day during downtime at work.

On mobile so kind of a pain to get specifics to post but I think I have the models and info right.

Thanks!