Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

50 Foot Ant posted:

I would have done it yesterday, but for some reason the servers were down for me till about 6AM.

It knew we were going to do the lair raid.

(If I'm home on time I might tag along on an alt, Ralts.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
From Testlive patch notes:

Satchel of Transmutation and Arcana of Transubstantiation will no longer give you the same item that you used in the process.

These are the final names of the signet shuffler and summoning ritual shuffler. In case anyone was looking and curious what they did. Both work the same way, put in three signets/summon rituals and get one random one back.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 31, 2017

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

50 Foot Ant posted:

I just got back from the VA. I had bruising under my armpit so it took a bit.

I'll hop into Mumble when I wake up and shower. I don't sleep too long, so it shouldn't be later than say 9:00 or 10:00.

But I'm gonna do a couple Murder Hobo Express runs tonight just for shits and giggles.

If yer gonna be along to help, remember your scarred flesh masks. (3 slots taken so far with Cheston maybe being the 4th, so gitchur last slot)

How do I join these instances!? I don't know what I'm doing in this game half the time!

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

So a few days ago I emailed Funcom support about whether I could get the horse head since I was technically eligible; I didn't claim it on account of being new and not knowing about subscriber items.

Aw yeah.

Paco de Suave
Sep 13, 2004
photographs of the best time you had
window smudged by the speed

Can I get one of the trial referral key things? This game sounds awesome.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

This isn't where I parked my car.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Paco de Suave posted:

Can I get one of the trial referral key things? This game sounds awesome.

WVZX2MUAGDWXEVMF63QT

Enjoy buddy.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Drinkfist posted:

This isn't where I parked my car.

I still haven't received my entrenching tool manual.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Paco de Suave
Sep 13, 2004
photographs of the best time you had
window smudged by the speed

xanthan posted:

WVZX2MUAGDWXEVMF63QT

Enjoy buddy.

Thanks! The initial download is taking forever. I think it is downloading all of these tiny files one at a time...

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
BOO! My internet poo poo it's self in the middle of a dungeon! Bah, not like I was helping much anyways.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Notinghamington posted:

BOO! My internet poo poo it's self in the middle of a dungeon! Bah, not like I was helping much anyways.

That happened to our healer in Hell Eternal NM earlier. Sucks, we were doing reasonably well and could've easily handled the rest of it.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
Is it crazy to change the weapons I started chose at the beginning after about a months worth of gameplay?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Zebrasectomy posted:

Is it crazy to change the weapons I started chose at the beginning after about a months worth of gameplay?

No it is pretty normal to switch weapons.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zebrasectomy posted:

I've changed secondaries 3 times in the past week or so.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's not really crazy. Once you start collecting AP like mad (starting in Egypt, roughly) you want to pick up certain passives which are scattered all over the ability wheel. There's no need to focus on a set of weapons, except maybe on Solomon Island when you really don't have the AP/SP yet to branch out.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009

orcane posted:

Yeah it's not really crazy. Once you start collecting AP like mad (starting in Egypt, roughly) you want to pick up certain passives which are scattered all over the ability wheel. There's no need to focus on a set of weapons, except maybe on Solomon Island when you really don't have the AP/SP yet to branch out.

So Skill Points aren't a problem? I heard that the later missions just vomit AP all over you, but I wasn't sure if it's the same deal for SP.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zebrasectomy posted:

So Skill Points aren't a problem? I heard that the later missions just vomit AP all over you, but I wasn't sure if it's the same deal for SP.

Its 1SP for every 3 AP, at all times. If you look at your XP bar, you have 3 markers for AP, and when you fill it completely, you get an SP.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Zebrasectomy posted:

You get 1 SP for every 3 AP, as noted above. The important thing to remember is that the amounts of experience you need to get each AP are static and never change, but as you go further in the game you get more and more experience from missions. This amounts to the game practically throwing AP at you by the time you hit City of the Sun God.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You'll also max out the weapon skills far sooner than the ability wheel. It's still a good idea to mostly focus on a set of weapon because that allows you to do higher level content sooner (and get more AP/SP for new weapons faster than starting at weapon level 1 in Kingsmouth). But that doesn't mean you can't get one or two weapons up to your "main" QL, it's only a temporary setback and you always keep your talisman skills anyway.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Does anyone have a referral key?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

1stGear posted:

Does anyone have a referral key?

8NX5VL9BBNWZCQNQ4LN5

https://register.thesecretworld.com

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Thanks very much!

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009

orcane posted:

You'll also max out the weapon skills far sooner than the ability wheel. It's still a good idea to mostly focus on a set of weapon because that allows you to do higher level content sooner (and get more AP/SP for new weapons faster than starting at weapon level 1 in Kingsmouth). But that doesn't mean you can't get one or two weapons up to your "main" QL, it's only a temporary setback and you always keep your talisman skills anyway.

Cool. There's only three weapons I'm interested in, and two of them I'm only really concerned about going down the healing path anyways.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

orcane posted:

BTW, if a passive for AR talks about "every time you hit, you gain XY", does this also apply to every other weapon? IE can I use passives from weapons I haven't equipped, because they seem cool?

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

midnightclimax posted:

BTW, if a passive for AR talks about "every time you hit, you gain XY", does this also apply to every other weapon? IE can I use passives from weapons I haven't equipped, because they seem cool?

You can use passives from any weapon tree, mix and match at will. Just make sure the tooltip matches your build. If it specifies that it triggers on Strikes, make sure you have a Strike active that will proc the passive.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Huh. I hadn't noticed that the Envoy of Ca'doro signets are tradeable. I want to sell one, but without green versions there's no way to estimate the price- the few that are on sale (5-10 million) have been there for a few days, and there's only one of each.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

Huh. I hadn't noticed that the Envoy of Ca'doro signets are tradeable. I want to sell one, but without green versions there's no way to estimate the price- the few that are on sale (5-10 million) have been there for a few days, and there's only one of each.

That seems really high for something that is a guaranteed pick up with minimal time investment.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

My favorite bug:

If any of you bought Delta Force, enjoy the invisibility gloves, they're getting fixed in 1.7.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
The Neo Aztec armband or whatever also gives you invisible hands if you wear it with long sleeves.

The texture on it is all hosed up, as well.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cheston posted:

My favorite bug:

If any of you bought Delta Force, enjoy the invisibility gloves, they're getting fixed in 1.7.

How did you get the item window there? Addon?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

tallian posted:

How did you get the item window there? Addon?

Item windows have a little lock on them that can keep it visible when you close the inventory.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

This might be something for the FAQ- you can create additional inventory "bags" for free. There's a little + button on the top-right corner of the main inventory window. Like with the main inventory window, you can expand each of these smaller bags by dragging the marked part at the bottom-right corner, but you're still under the overall inventory limit. (Which you can expand for PAX by hitting "Expand Size Limit" at the bottom right of the main inventory window.)

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cheston posted:

This might be something for the FAQ- you can create additional inventory "bags" for free. There's a little + button on the top-right corner of the main inventory window. Like with the main inventory window, you can expand each of these smaller bags by dragging the marked part at the bottom-right corner, but you're still under the overall inventory limit. (Which you can expand for PAX by hitting "Expand Size Limit" at the bottom right of the main inventory window.)

Will add it later tonight when I get home.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Other than pubbies exchanging terrible ideas on the TSW forums and some outdated info, I can't find any actual signet "guides" for all roles and their most common builds. Does such a thing exist or do I have to research and write one myself?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

Other than pubbies exchanging terrible ideas on the TSW forums and some outdated info, I can't find any actual signet "guides" for all roles and their most common builds. Does such a thing exist or do I have to research and write one myself?

I think Mayushii started writing one on the enjin site but that was a few patches ago and full of his standard "my opinion is fact" writing. But a bunch of them are getting revamped in issue 7 so its probably best to hold off until then.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

orcane posted:

I wrote this out and then realized that we do have a signet guide now! All of this should stay true after 1.7 (or be true because of 1.7). I'll copy it to the offsite later.

All Major signets are valuable (there are only three and they have the same drop chance as every other signet)- Violence (+attack) is the most valuable, Vigour (+health) the second-most, and Amelioration (+heal) the third-most. General wisdom is to go for Vigour as DPS or a Tank, and Amelioration as a Leech healer (if your gear setup has Major healing talismans so that there's no stat overlap, and if you're good at not dying to stuff). The reasoning behind this is that DPS get well into the diminishing returns for Attack Rating with full 10.4 gear, so they don't get much benefit out of the Violence boost. Tanks and DPS both benefit from extra health (DPS survive environmental hazards more often, tanks can equip more Attack gear). Leech healers stay well below the diminishing returns of Heal Rating and Attack Rating. The ideal stat split for them is almost 50/50 (with a bit more HR), and because Amelioration are cheaper, they're the better boost to get.

Breaching is a valuable signet that *can* be used in every role except for fist/blood heals- it provides a group-wide damage buff when you Penetrate, but you never need more than one in a group (or two in a Raid). It should be taken by a Tank or a Leech Healer to maximize DPS, so just sell the ones that you get if you never do either of those things. FWIW, we already have two Purple breachings and a third is on the way. Once Rhan gets one, we won't need more on the Raid, and the two that we have now are pretty much at critical mass in Nightmare groups.

For DPS (and leech healers):

The best Minor signets (usable only on Minor talismans) are the ones that give a 1/2/3% boost to a specific damage type or weapon. The two most common builder weapons (the one that builds is almost always the majority of your damage) are Assault Rifle and Pistols- this is why Execution (AR) and Liquidation (Pistols) are some of the most expensive Minor Signets. Leech healers should take Execution. (There's a minor signet that gives a 1/2/3% boost to Leech effects, but it's not as powerful a boost.)

Abuse/Aggression/Fury/Laceration are the best (and most valuable) head/weapon signets for DPS and leech healers, giving the most significant boosts to damage output. Abuse gives the biggest percentage damage boost, but procs the least often (10% chance on attack). Aggression usually has the most uptime, but only on Weakened targets (15% chance, it'll only proc when you have a tank). Fury applies regularly (1.7 will see it apply every ten attacks). Laceration provides a 15-second boost to Crit Damage (ignoring diminishing returns) whenever you critically hit. As far as I know, Laceration is the best option for a secondary weapon due to the length of the buff and the fact that you can apply it reliably with Elemental Force. It looks as though Abuse/Aggression/Fury will be fairly equal in overall damage increase after 1.7, but that needs testing. I recommend that Leech healers avoid Abuse for the sake of reliable healing output. As a regular DPS, if you can't afford any of these or don't get lucky with a signet bag, Opportunism and Sadism are the second-tier DPS signets, and are receiving buffs in 1.7.

For Tanks:

The best Minor signet is Ablation. It applies damage reduction whenever you go below 50% health, which is often. (As a new tank, it's because you take more damage, and as a well-geared tank, it's because you have less health after equipping several Attack talismans.) I really like this signet because it's also useful soloing.

For Weapons, Castigation is the best choice for your builder. It has a 10% chance on attack to prevent your next 12 hits from glancing (glancing on impairs is bad), and it's going to give a 1/2/3% damage boost after 1.7. The other weapon doesn't matter as much, since it only applies while you're holding that weapon. Interdiction gives you a (buffed in 1.7) heal whenever you Impair, otherwise go for one of the second-tier DPS signets like Opportunism or Sadism for a small aggro boost.

It gets a little bit more complicated after those- as a Tank, you can signet for damage reduction or additional DPS. We all go for DPS right now because we're all very familiar with the Nightmare dungeons and the raid and it's mostly about going fast- in this case, the better remaining Minor signet(s) would be Swords, which give a 1/2/3% boost to Blades damage each. But if you're not familiar with every encounter (or you want to be ready for new content), the other good Tank minor is Salvation, which gives damage reduction on a Block, Evade, or Glance (which are things that happen often). That leaves you with a third minor to put a Swords into. Alternatively, one of the best tank drops from the Raid is a Waist talisman which, instead of a signet slot, gives a slowly-rotating 3-30% boost to your Physical and Magical Protection stats. I wouldn't plan around getting it, but maybe fill the Waist slot with something you don't mind replacing.

The Head slot on a tank varies- most of ours use an Attack talisman with Hit on it to share with a DPS set, and thus use whatever DPS signet they have as an aggro boost (or a purple Breaching, if they're one of those people). If you do use an HP talisman in your Head slot (or upgrade an Attack head piece just for tanking), Order is the best signet by far. It can only be slotted on a Head talisman, gives a percentage boost to Block chance (it's kinda huge, and outside of diminishing returns), and procs regularly.

Non-leech healers: I wouldn't recommend investing, so just go with whatever green stuff you get. (Harmony is the Fist minor.) Outside of Hell Fallen, there's maybe one fight that you can't leech heal, but for almost everything else, fist/blood is a stepping stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Are the purple head signets you get in Egypt from the credit vendor any good?

• Locked thread