Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Note to Frankenstein: I meant "do all of the Investigation missions this weekend," not beforehand. Might not be enough without the double boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

orcane posted:

They're all about that chaos theory. Their mission debriefings are hilarious (in a disturbing way, I think they're pretty much the worst guys that are not Orochi out there...) but all the briefing cutscenes in Seoul are basically :words:

No more blowjobs though.

Speaking of the blowjob cutscene, if you are a girl character that part is pretty drat hot.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Pervert!

Are we getting new stuff to spend our points on today? I got the grandmaster pack yesterday and have quite a few points atm.

DanimalJenkins
Nov 15, 2010
Tonight after I get back from taking my car to the shop, I'm going to try and take down the Gatekeeper. I tried twice last night, his third initial attack nicked me both times. I was ALMOST out of the circle before it popped. Oh well. This is going to be expensive.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Cheston posted:

Note to Frankenstein: I meant "do all of the Investigation missions this weekend," not beforehand. Might not be enough without the double boost.

I did all the Kingsmouth ones tonight and got hammers to 8, so I think it'll work out. :)

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

DanimalJenkins posted:

Tonight after I get back from taking my car to the shop, I'm going to try and take down the Gatekeeper. I tried twice last night, his third initial attack nicked me both times. I was ALMOST out of the circle before it popped. Oh well. This is going to be expensive.

There is no repair cost to dying to Gatekeeper. The need for consumables as a tank is overexaggerated and is more likely another issue in your build/gear (there are weird effects of AR and HP on tank damage, which does matter significantly in that fight).

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I didn't know lifetime subs come with another character slot. You know that's right: Another signet mission alt :whatup:

DanimalJenkins posted:

What RevDr said, there's no durability hit if you die to the gatekeeper. He also wrote a good guide on Enjin. Read that and ask if you need further hints on how to cheese the fights.

orcane fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 12, 2013

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib
Is this game still awesome? Because I have a lifetime sub, and my desktop PC died a good while back. I may get around to fixing it, and if so, I'll probably take up playing this again.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Scudrider come back we miss you.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Tube posted:

Is this game still awesome? Because I have a lifetime sub, and my desktop PC died a good while back. I may get around to fixing it, and if so, I'll probably take up playing this again.

Not much has changed, so if it was awesome before, then it'd still be awesome.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Minus the not so awesome issue 6 changes that broke the game running on a bunch of people's systems.

Edit:
vvv
Free EvilBillMurray.

Amante fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 13, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

Minus the not so awesome issue 6 changes that broke the game running on a bunch of people's systems.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about." Funcom

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Hey, raid tomorrow.

Fun fact: you can bring so many damage buffs as an AR/Ele leech healer.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Cheston posted:

Hey, raid tomorrow.

Fun fact: you can bring so many damage buffs as an AR/Ele leech healer.

I managed to fizzle three pods yesterday. I'm getting better at it.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Welp, got next week off work and have a need to play this.

I was just wondering since the OP mentioned there has been nerfs and stuff so, has there been any drastic changes to the DPS portions of shotgun, elemental, pistol or AR since... well, the first big patch? I haven't played for a long time.

I'm thinking I'll probably start from scratch with a new character because I enjoyed the leveling content in this game a hell of a lot more than I did putting up with pugs and running those nm instances over and over. Luckily, I've forgotten 90% of the puzzle solutions so I can feel very stupid all over again.

e:
Also I noticed that the subscription bonuses seem to be rather weak in TSW. How is this game making any money now? As far as I understood, even all the content is unlocked if I don't sub? That just doesn't seem an overly viable business model to me.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 14, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Fewd posted:

Also I noticed that the subscription bonuses seem to be rather weak in TSW. How is this game making any money now? As far as I understood, even all the content is unlocked if I don't sub? That just doesn't seem an overly viable business model to me.

All of the content isn't unlocked if you don't sub- 1.5 and 1.6 each introduced a paid series of missions. They're both kind of great, so I presume the bulk of their revenue is between those and the cash shop outfits/boosts.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I could see box sales still being a part of their income.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Pubbies bitching about PVP, put a stop to their schemes here.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I don't know what i love more about that little poll. The fact they so blatantly tried to stack it by throwing partisan language into the poll, or the fact it completely failed.

EDIT: There was a question ehre, it's gone now because I found the answer myself. The poll was posted here, so do what you will.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 14, 2013

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
That guy's attempts to feel like a martyr, hero, or *something* are incredibly transparent. Such as this snippet:

quote:

This would work and I challenge TSW devs. Fly me down, put me up in a hotel room with transportation to work and 200$. I'll work 14hr days. Give me 1 week to learn the tools to change the map, 1 week to alter it and 2 weeks to properly test it. Done.. Over.. Then send me back home. I don't even want recognition for it. I'll sign a NDA or anything else needed.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I've been away for a while, thinking of starting back up again since it went FTP.

I feel sort of like I basically "won" the game, went through the main plotline, and left when it started feeling like a standard MMO with nothing to do but grind for better gear so I could do harder versions of the same instances or grind PvP for no particular reason.

But up until that point, the game was awesome. The Facility is probably the coolest story I've seen in an MMO, you could turn that into a Delta Green RPG adventure in no time flat. The investigation missions were generally fantastic, except for that one in Egypt with the light beams that were consistently broken unless you were the first one there after a server restart.

So is it worth it to download and update the client and come back? Have they added more really cool poo poo like the above, or is it just do-what-you've-already-done-so-you-can-do-it-some-more?

Len posted:

When exactly did you quit? Because Issue 5 and 6 had some good quest chains.

I unsubbed I think just about the time they announced they were going FTP, I got my rocket launcher, thought that whole addition was sort of silly and unthematic, and figured I'd take time off.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 14, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Phanatic posted:

I've been away for a while, thinking of starting back up again since it went FTP.

I feel sort of like I basically "won" the game, went through the main plotline, and left when it started feeling like a standard MMO with nothing to do but grind for better gear so I could do harder versions of the same instances or grind PvP for no particular reason.

But up until that point, the game was awesome. The Facility is probably the coolest story I've seen in an MMO, you could turn that into a Delta Green RPG adventure in no time flat. The investigation missions were generally fantastic, except for that one in Egypt with the light beams that were consistently broken unless you were the first one there after a server restart.

So is it worth it to download and update the client and come back? Have they added more really cool poo poo like the above, or is it just do-what-you've-already-done-so-you-can-do-it-some-more?

When exactly did you quit? Because Issue 5 and 6 had some good quest chains.

And if you didn't do The Facility on nightmare you're denying yourself a fantastic bit of lore.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Phanatic posted:

There has been some new content added for the single player story driven stuff. Every issue (Content patches) has added about 6 new missions, and we are up to issue 6 with 7 right around the corner. You could load up during a long weekend and get caught up if you powered through it. Its worth noting that every issue after 5 is behind a pay wall, when they went BTP that became their primary income.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Phanatic posted:

I unsubbed I think just about the time they announced they were going FTP, I got my rocket launcher, thought that whole addition was sort of silly and unthematic, and figured I'd take time off.

This is actually a pretty good time to get back in to it, since there's a weekend event going on right now (doubled black bullions, free XP potions, free boots & extra referral bonuses).

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

novaSphere posted:

This is actually a pretty good time to get back in to it, since there's a weekend event going on right now (doubled black bullions, free XP potions, free boots & extra referral bonuses).

Don't forget the free boots!

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

moonsour posted:

Don't forget the free boots!

Aye, the boots! :D By the way, I'm a couple of elites short of being ready to challenge gatekeeper and I'm kind of tired of running with pubbies. Think there might be any helpful goons willing to run me through Slaughterhouse, Ankh and DW Elite?

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
People who bought the boots got a refund before they even had to ask, which is kind of nice.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

alfheimwanderer posted:

I'm a couple of elites short of being ready to challenge gatekeeper and I'm kind of tired of running with pubbies. Think there might be any helpful goons willing to run me through Slaughterhouse, Ankh and DW Elite?

Best bet is to hit up Mumble or the ingame channel and ask there, but we are typically always willing to run people through elites.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I used to teach pubbies how to do NKL-107, I think I can help goons get through slaughterhouse elite :D

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Hey guys, if you were thinking about buying anything with your Last Train to Cairo tokens, you might have to wait til maintenance!

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

OneEightHundred posted:

Hey guys, if you were thinking about buying anything with your Last Train to Cairo tokens, you might have to wait til maintenance!

If you're sadly determined as I was to purchase a purple signet, you can eventually jump onto the tent there with enough effort.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

Zhaan posted:

If you're sadly determined as I was to purchase a purple signet, you can eventually jump onto the tent there with enough effort.

Funcom: turning everything into a jumping puzzle (in a game not meant for platforming). Next update: Lasers

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I messed around with Breaching on Testlive - the 7-second cooldown starts when the effect is applied, so between that and the 100% chance to proc on a Penetrating hit, it looks like Breaching will always be up as long as one person has it. Between that and purple ones overriding blue/green (but not the other way around), it looks as though the nerf from a 30% damage boost to 24% mostly evens out. I kinda preferred it as a mountains-and-valleys thing, though.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Zephonith posted:

TACO EATING

Is it a magic taco or something? How is it all not just falling out? Is it a magic exorcise to help with minute control over objects by stopping things from falling out of a taco?

Is it just Funcompetence applied to a taco eating animation?

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

xanthan posted:

Also, I guess really mundane uses for Chaos magic.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

xanthan posted:

I'd never seen that animation from the front before. It may very well be the greatest "nonplussed by a taco" animation of all time.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I kind of miss how you'd do a brief cry emote before/while stuffing your face with taco. A quick lament of "What am I doing with my life?" Before powering through yet another crusty corn tortilla deliciously filled with meat, beans and cheese.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Has anyone figured out some tweak to get rid of bloom in this game? That poo poo is seriously hideous at times and my eyes were hurting after some prolonged underground parts today.

I have no idea why developers even put bloom in their games, it's not like it even adds to the graphical realism unless you chew lsd and shrooms all day every day and are just used to everything glowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

xanthan posted:

Is it a magic taco or something? How is it all not just falling out? Is it a magic exorcise to help with minute control over objects by stopping things from falling out of a taco?

All of our characters are magical hyped-up bee people with superpowers.

I believe using telekinesis to keep your taco complete while eating it is not only an understandable use of superpowers, but the expected use of superpowers.

• Locked thread