Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I've been away for a while, thinking of starting back up again since it went FTP.

I feel sort of like I basically "won" the game, went through the main plotline, and left when it started feeling like a standard MMO with nothing to do but grind for better gear so I could do harder versions of the same instances or grind PvP for no particular reason.

But up until that point, the game was awesome. The Facility is probably the coolest story I've seen in an MMO, you could turn that into a Delta Green RPG adventure in no time flat. The investigation missions were generally fantastic, except for that one in Egypt with the light beams that were consistently broken unless you were the first one there after a server restart.

So is it worth it to download and update the client and come back? Have they added more really cool poo poo like the above, or is it just do-what-you've-already-done-so-you-can-do-it-some-more?

Len posted:

When exactly did you quit? Because Issue 5 and 6 had some good quest chains.

I unsubbed I think just about the time they announced they were going FTP, I got my rocket launcher, thought that whole addition was sort of silly and unthematic, and figured I'd take time off.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
So I'm on some longterm work travel and out of hotel boredom I figured I'd download this again and start playing a new alt. It's been so damned long since I've played I pretty much forget everything, except how creepily awesome some of the quests and The Facility are.

I figure I'll mostly be soloing because I'm not sure how populous the game still is and if it's easy to find groups, etc. What pairs up well with pistol?

• Locked thread