Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

litany of gulps posted:

How much HP do you typically run around with? I wouldn't personally mess with having a million tiny HoTs

The point isn't the million tiny HoTs. The point is that they trigger Empowerment. Although the HoTs add up to quite a bit with those couple heal ratings too. It's quite survivable even without any health tallys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Mercurius posted:

Yeah, last I looked as someone in mostly 10.1 gear (about half custom) it would take me around 35 days of running 18s every day to upgrade everything to 10.4.4. :effort:

There's no need to limit yourself to 18s only. HE, SH and Ankh are all good bullions and quite doable. At least as long as you stay away from LFG channel and do them with #noobmares instead.

RE: tankchat
I've both healed and tanked a lot lately, and from what I've seen, around 8k seems to be the sweet spot for tank health assuming he has otherwise proper gear. If a tank dies with that, then either the healer screwed up or the tank has a horrible build item/skillwise, like stacking magical protection instead of blocking and not understanding when to use defensive cooldowns.

Recently I was leeching for this one 24 or 30 group that had a tank with only 6.2-6.3k health. I dunno how he did it but he was extremely survivable and probably one of the easiest to heal tanks I've met lately. But I guess going even that low is okay as long as your stuff is otherwise solid. Personally I'll stick at bit over 8k, for healer comfort if nothing else.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Mercurius posted:

Doing additional dungeons may reduce the number of days to get stuff but it doesn't reduce the total amount of time spent grinding dungeons for bullion at all.

Maybe so, it does add some variety though which is important on not getting burned out. Also HE and SH give out more bullions that 18 dungeons. I think it was 15 bb per HE/SH vs 10 bb per 18 dungeon. Might remember that wrong.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Exmond posted:

Allright so in my heal gear I dont have the greatest crit chance, Ill have 15% crit chance and a heal rating of 2682. I don't really know how I can get better gear unless I can use Sequeins of the Sunrise to get some.

This is the build I am thinking of. I have a free active slot and 2 free passive slots. Any critiques or suggestions?

http://www.tsw-builder.com/#43v352472350452361_476p351955455364__866

You should decide whether your fistblood build is going to be heavy on fist or blood and concentrate on that. I can't speak of blood much since I feel I feel it's pretty underwhelming and my fistblood build is blood in mostly name only. There's Exquisite Corpse on it which I use from my health, and occasionally Cold Blooded for some encounters that require it (SH4).

Anyway, if you go with fist, you'll want to build it towards having a high critical rating and Empowerment as your passive elite. You'll also want to add Nurture on your active skills, that's one more HoT for Empowerment to proc off from. When it comes to AoE healing, Shelter is great. It's PBAoE so it requires the DPS you group with to not be retarded and stand all separated when dealing with lens and such though.

You'll probably be happy to know fisthealer is quite possibly the least gear-dependent role in the game. You can keep a tank up just fine with QL10-10.2 NM drops while saving bullions for other things.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

BioWare has put out nothing but utterly horrible poo poo since 2010. I can't really get excited about their games any more.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Tokyo is pretty average at best, unless you're some sort of japanophile with an anime fuckpillow I suppose. While the quests are okay, there's not much content. It also introduces a bothersome shield mechanic, AEGIS, and the grind for it. Thankfully AEGIS only exists in Tokyo at the moment.

I'd say TSW is worth the download if you're still playing the main quest and all that. If you're at end game, I wouldn't bother. Unless you feel a compelling urge to grind nightmares and scenarios.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

RPZip posted:

That's a shame, I genuinely enjoyed the last few issues they'd done, especially Tyler Freeborn and the one that actually wrapped up Transylvania. :(

Yeah, me too. They were vastly superior to what Tokyo is at the moment.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

There's plenty of good issues after #2 with the rocket launcher, but you'll want to consider the cost before you take the plunge. Took a screenshot from the tsw web store;

Issues 3 and 4 aren't there so I'm guessing those are free. Note though that I'm not subscribing and if you're gonna get into the issues, you'll want to subscribe which gives you a store discount of xx% and xxxx funcum cash, forgot the exact amounts.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Brain In A Jar posted:

Issues 6 & 7 are incredible, everything after is pretty hit and miss. I think the rocket launcher was Issue 7 anyway so you may already have them.

Looked at some Wiki that said issue 2, it's probably correct since I got a vague recollection of it being the first aux weapon.

Looked at subscriber benefits by the way, it's 10% discount to store and free fc cash for :10bux: for one month sub.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cheston posted:

(About half the point of AEGIS is to make non-leech healing even remotely viable again.)

Yeah, it's great that they're trying to revive the exhilarating gameplay of fist/blood healers.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

TheRat posted:

Did hell fallen ever become somewhat repeatable? That was the one dungeon I never completed without exploits.

It's always been repeatable for regular/friend/cabal groups. There's not all that much left to luck and random chance if people know what they are doing. Doing it with random pickup pubbies though? Nope. Just, no. Unless you like playing russian roulette with your sanity.

Same goes for facility, but to lesser degree. But enough that it never became a popular group target like the six other ones.

Ankh is actually the only one that was originally shunned but over time became a more common target. Though even with Ankh, I think most people just skip it unless it's with a group that just finished 24/SH smoothly.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Aside Ascendant occasionally loving off to do more important things, it's not that buggy. Compared to some other dungeons like HE for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I've not played TSW for a couple issues at least and was wondering, are the three color shield things that Tokyo introduced still around in the game? Do I need to hassle with them in end game instances or the latest issue?

• Locked thread