Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Looks like another ARG is starting up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvmu5pq9ivpgrh0/IRC%20INTERCEPT%20-%2007072014B.txt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ettcakzfe24o1uh/IRC%20INTERCEPT%20-%2007072014.txt

No rewards or anything like that yet but its cool they are continuing to do these ARGs.

Solutions are here http://thesecretsanctuary.net/topic/10390302/1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Hey would you guys be interested in running some dungeons sometime? Or maybe doing some lairs and trying to summon one of those bosses?

Maybe schedule something on saturday?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Allright so for dungeon runs on Saturday so far we have

1) Prefect
2) Mercurius
3) Me

Anyone else want to run some elites with us on Saturday? I was thinking at 6pm EST?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Mercurius posted:

Oops. Unfortunately EST is even worse, that's like 7:30am on Sunday my time :(

Its uhh 6pm EST. If people could post what time would work best for them in EST I can schedule something for next week that works for everyone!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
So what time would work well then? Next week we could do something at 9pm EST maybe?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Exmond posted:

Hey would you guys be interested in running some dungeons sometime? Or maybe doing some lairs and trying to summon one of those bosses?

Maybe schedule something on saturday?

Prefect was up for doing dungeons but he isn't nightmare ready so we are going to do elites.

Bunch of goons replied and were up for it, just trying to coordinate something where we can all get together.

I just want to get a group together to do some stuff. Maybe move up to nightmares or the New York Raid without having to deal with the LFG channel looking for 1.8s or that crazy math formula they ask for.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Okay so for tommorow we are starting at 6pm EST. In game name is Clause and Ill be in the #awful channel and mumble! Hopefully we can get enough people to do some elite dungeon runs!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
So far its me and prefect in the game. I got a buddy that can run the dungeons as well. We are in mumble in the Setting Rivers on Fire, and we are also in the awful chat channel.

Edit: We got a full team! Woooo!

Edit: Did 4-5 elite dungeons and had some great times! Ill organize something for next weekend so our aussie friends can participate!

Exmond fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 20, 2014

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Allright so what timezone is everyone in? Mercurial you said "Oceanic" but uhh thats a lot of timezones.

If we scheduled something next week, either dungeons or lairs, who would be interested and what timezone and time works for you? Was thinking maybe Saturday at 8pm EST? Or Sunday at 3pm EST?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Hey guys I haven't really had time to plan anything for this weekend. Ill be on on saturday hanging out in mumble and the #awful chat channel if people want to run dungeons or lairs

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Allright work isn't going crazy so I can plan stuff.

Who wants to get Motors his final elite dungeon and then watch as he suffers through gatekeeper and possibly a nightmare run? Was figuring we run it on Sunday. What time works for everyone?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Allright lets run some Elites/Nightmares on Sunday at 3pm PST? If that time doesn't work out just tell me and we can re-schedule. The people who are going to show up on sunday have pretty flexible schedules.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

guppy posted:

First up: my figures are generally for full purples, we've mostly all had full custom gear for a while.

1970 HP is standard dungeon glass cannon build. There are a few fights (like Recursia) where a tank piece is nice but usually if you are dying with 1970 HP in a dungeon it's because you are not executing properly.

I run with one tank piece when questing, which puts me somewhere around 3.2k. This is not glass cannon, this is padding you out with some extra survivability.

I cannot imagine questing with more HP than that and I am confused by the idea that 3.5k HP strikes you as too little.

What if you dont have a full 10.4 purple set?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
So as a person who did Nightmares way back when and I have some 10.0 purple gear, how do I gear up? I have done issue 6,7,8 and 9 for some purple gear but am still using a blue pistol nad a green auxiliary. How much hit do you need for nightmares? (I used to heal them so hit didn't matter)

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
So uhh, anyone want to run some dungeons or log into the game and play sometime? Last week it was only me and motors and we couldn't find a tank :(

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

MrTheDevious posted:

Can I get a referral trial key thingy from someone pretty please :shobon:

Ill get you a referral after work, the secretworld website is blocked at work :(

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Who is everyone in game? Id love to do some non-spergy nightmare runs but can't find anyone online! Are you all austrlian goons?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Allright so in my heal gear I dont have the greatest crit chance, Ill have 15% crit chance and a heal rating of 2682. I don't really know how I can get better gear unless I can use Sequeins of the Sunrise to get some.

This is the build I am thinking of. I have a free active slot and 2 free passive slots. Any critiques or suggestions?

http://www.tsw-builder.com/#43v352472350452361_476p351955455364__866

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

DailyDumSum posted:

Tokyo is hard

Tokyo is pretty hard when I first started it (And still is a bit hard now) and I had to change my build. Impairs seem to be good so I picked up the passive that says every time you crit you impair them. Ive seen you on cabal chat! We should party it up in tokyo.

Edit: SWTOR was a big investment and considered a flop. From what i've heard they kind of gouge you with the cash shop (wanna use purple items, you have to pay! Wanna spring, you have to pay)

Exmond fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 7, 2014

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Hey guys we are going to try and run some elite dungeons (And maybe a nightmare) on Saturday at 12pm PST. Guppy the only mumble channel I know of is a desolate wasteland that is sometimes interrupted by EvilBillMurrays grumbling something about bugs and lore. Is there another mumble we use (Is it trolls mumble?)

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Kessel posted:

Goddamn, the writing and atmosphere in this game is superb. I'm at the lighthouse with Sam Krieg and all his quests own.

I know Ragnar Tornquist left the dev team. How far does the story stay good up till?

In tokyo the storyline gets BETTER in my opinion

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Len posted:

That's part of i9 though but yeah that wasn't too bad. Venice just fell flat all around for me. There's a disconnect between that parts and the accomplishments of my character and the rest of the world.

I guess I'll spoil it since there's newish players around.

By the time i8 came out the player character had literally stopped gods, ousted the ruler of hell, ended a vampire crusade, and stopped a ridiculous number of Soviet super soldiers. Then this guy tells me that I can't go to Tokyo? I'm not skilled enough to go there? How much loving harder can it be than killing an Egyptian god or defeating a goddamn angel? They try to explain that it's because he's being paid off to not let us go but I have problems with that too.

If we had to go through red tape to fly to Tokyo or any regular mode of travel it would make sense. But instead we take Agartha. And a very easily accessed Agartha branch too with zero protection from the CoV. Why can't we just walk right through it? There's nobody guarding it. The only reason we can't walk through is because the player character goes "nope". I'm not a roleplayer but I accepted the Filth during each part of the story mission so it's clearly in my guys past that he does whatever the gently caress he feels like doing.

To address your issue

So the not taking the argatha portal is uhh silly. Ill give you that and I can't really explain it.

The reason the guy says you cant go to tokyo is to delay you. The whole scenario thing and getting that stupid council seal is to delay you. I play illuminati and Geary outright states someone is delaying them, and that person is Arturo. Pretty dumb to have the story exlpain the in-game grind but eh

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

bear is driving! posted:

What server is everyone on? Is there any kind of centralized goon presence anywhere?

Dunno what server but the chat channel is #awful. There isn't really a centralized goon presence though, communicate through this thread or grab peoples steam name.

Im clause in game.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

tuluk posted:

Let's brainstorm some amusing steam group names.

The secret WAAAAGH

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I can't remember are you trying to run elites or nightmares? #noobmares is a good channel to get into nightmares.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Looks like the new sidemissions are out!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Serf posted:

Also, is there a goon chat in the game for anyone who's on or maybe a cabal that's still active? I have the lifetime sub, and I figure I might as well jump back in when everyone is talking about it.

Not really... I know there was a global chat channel we all used but it was empty last time I played

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Anyone resub and have issues with their time accelerator not working?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

I said come in! posted:

I think Fusang is suppose to have a very large pop cap anyways. It's a persistent never ending PvP zone.

Also, how many of you are doing group content together? I am back to playing TSW again and I hope goons are playing this. The last time I came back, I got really hooked because a bunch of you lovely regulars were playing all the time and doing group stuff, but then you all stopped, so I stopped as well. :(

Im in as Verianna or Exmond in steam. I sometimes join the awful channel.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I upgraded my base game to ultimate, so I have a spare "base game" key. PM me if you want the game

Looks like #awful is defunt, we all hanging out in #sanctuary / #noobmares now?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
So are scenarios worth it? My buddy is playing catch up and hasn't done tokyo yet so Im putting a pause on my tokyo activites. I need to do something else in the mean time and took a look at augments. While they seem like such a grind there are some nice augments out there (heal x% of your total health every time you use this ability?)

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Flavor Truck posted:

Just kidding this actually worked and now there's a Goonthulhu cabal if you wanna join. PM me and I'll give you invite priv's :smug:

Im in as Clause, tried to PM you but you werent online

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
When you do the motorcycle mission you sprint 6 for free

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Flavor Truck posted:

Yes join Goonthulhu PM me or Clause in-game. I'm FlavorTruck (no spaces)

Thats the cabal you can join ;). It was one post above your original post.

Edit: Ill be on as Clause at 5:00pm PST, if anyone wants to hop on and do group stuff.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Hy_C posted:

im not ur dad

Hey guys, stop poo poo posting.
Hy_C, read the thread more carefully.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
What type of build is good in PVP? I run pistol/blood that stacks the "no healing for you" weakness debuff

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Does anyone want to run some dungeons/pvp or do some nightmares on Saturday?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Len posted:

Possibly? Depends on the time frame

Anytime after 1pm PST.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

poptart_fairy posted:

The AP boost kicks in after maintenance today, doesn't it?

Ohh What AP boost??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

poptart_fairy posted:

Confused about the Illuminati story at the end of Egypt. Why does The Board want you eliminated? There seemed to be quite a jump between "stop the world from getting destroyed" and "you die now for failing us".

Im trying to remember what happened in Egypt.. I know you stop Aten from becoming a god? Is this Black Sun / Red Sand mission?

Edit: Ohh you go to The ice caves? talk to some Dreaming people? Usually if you go to that place it means stuff is going down. Probably the illuminati just freaking out since you can do some bad things in that place.

Edit2: Ah reading the mission the illuminati is pissed that You talked directly to Orochi and also disrupted their operations. This will definitely not come to bite you in the rear end in issue 11

Exmond fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 5, 2015

• Locked thread