Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Zephonith posted:

I like to combine this with the Assassin's Creed Templars, and say that the Moon Landing was a Templar plot.

While poking around, I found this comparison of the real life New York location that someone on the forums did:

More at the link. There's a bunch of other places which are based on IRL places too, which I've been meaning to find out more about. Would that sort of thing be worth adding to a potential wiki?

I'm kind of curious if Ealdwic is based on anywhere in London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Man, has Funcom let ArenaNet design these bosses? There's a lot of 0s on these HP bars, if we didn't have 400-odd folks at every instance they'd be a massive pain.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

xanthan posted:

Is there a way to tell where these event monsters will be in advance other then random luck?

The spawn points are Scrapyard for Kingsmouth, the west coast for SC, and the Abandoned Factory for BM. Only Solomon Isle (and Fusang, so I've heard) bosses are active right now.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Funcom's engine really doesn't seem built for 100+ people in the same area doing flashy attacks plus a boss. GW2, as much as I complain, built itself from the ground up for world events like this, and works really well. So far for TSW this has been OK but feels very hacky.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

JayJay posted:

Is there a guide with locations of each of these golem dudes?

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=71692

Also join the channel 'anniversity' (yes, that spelling) for alerts, it's pubbie-run but hasn't got too much spam.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Whatever idiot thought Flare Guns were a good prize should be strangled. I want my last pet drat you.

(My apologies to those who haven't got any yet, but the RNG god has swung between getting pets first try and giving me flare guns 24/7 this event).

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Does this DLC give you cool spy wear?

Technically you're have to play the DLC 5-6 times to get it, but yeah you get the Orochi armour and cool shades.

Enjoy dying more!

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Len posted:

The gently caress did they break this time?

Fusang / PVP again. They should just give everyone the Fusang pet at this point, whoever thought putting a guardian on a PvP map was a good idea should be shot.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

HughGRect posted:

Yes to the lore In the mission I walk into the Empty, its behind the house. If I am wrong tell me, they all blurred together.

No to the secret word.

That's the only one I've not got, so I'd say that's it.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I really hope to see more of the Morninglight in Tokyo. Their story kind of ended as a damp squib in Transylvania, but the repeated use of "We're all made of stars" from their lore in Issue #7 makes me think they'll still play a part.

Samuel has IMO cut off Lilith from Orochi in general, that's why she needed our help to get through Hatchet Falls and The Nursery. He was also pretty pissed off at her opening the Breach, if you listen to the audio from the when you first enter the Breach..

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

biteyourtongue posted:

I think possibly maybe it's South African? If it's the same one from the van in the Blue Mountain Orochi outpost, I don't think I've heard him anywhere else yet.

He reappears in the City of the Sun God outpost, IIRC.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Zephonith posted:

Not directly related to The Secret World, but if you like the Kingsmouth setting, you'd probably enjoy the Welcome to Night Vale podcast. It's like if pre-zombiepocalypse Kingsmouth had a community radio station narrated by a distant relative of Cheston.

Seconding this, it marries the horror of Lovecraft and humour of local radio excellently.

Does anyone know what the reward for completing the Snowfall achievement for Issue #7 is? I got it but I can't find where it is in my dressing room (I assume it's a costume of some sort).

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Zephonith posted:

They're having a bit of trouble with the quest items in one of the issue 7 side quests - I've had a few times over the past few days where I haven't gotten the shovel I need to go and dig up coffins, so I've had to petition for it. Which is a shame, because the ghosts that spawn when you dig drop a remarkable number of (unfortunately character bound) QL10 blues.

That's weird, my main problem was I'd hand in the 'get Orochi weapon' mission at the same time, and get a new shovel at the same time.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

macnbc posted:

No no no, they said the Secret World. Not the front page of Politico, man.

Man, haven't you ever heard of a double bluff?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Zephonith posted:

I kinda want to play as the Council of Venice.

I want to play as a member of Said's Mummers :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Jedit posted:

I could stand to do a few more dungeons at some point. We'll have to arrange a mutually convenient time, what with me being in the UK.

There's probably enough of us UK goons that we could do it at the right time. I've still not done most of the dungeons due to time-scheduling issues.

• Locked thread