Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jesus Funcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

midoriyourself posted:

18s were a loving disaster tonight. Even moreso than usual with me along. Even my healcrit seemed to be hosed. As if I needed to feel more ineffectual during some of those boss fights. Christ. I'm really hoping they roll back some of their changes. I'll have to jump on one of my alts and see if I really hit a wall when I get to Savage Coast and/or Blue Mountain, since that's originally that's where I started to struggle.

No that wasn't a disaster. I've been on some disastrous 18s. You did fine as a healer and kept me up through everything.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

After doing every quest I considered remotely bearable in the Carpathians today, I just want to share what I was left looking at straight afterwards.

I choose to blame The Castle.

Just go run that Shadowy Forest mission where you run from the Brothers Blaga to the stoner in the cave. That should get you the last point.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Yeah, it does bug me that they constantly pop up. I save up points fairly regularly and it drives me nuts. But it's more frustrating with something I already did popping back up over and over for some reason. Is there a magical no-notifications UI mod?

There was but I dunno if it's been updated in awhile. I had to uninstall a couple mods the other day because they weren't compatible with the new dressing room and caused options to just not show up in the menu so who knows what that could gently caress up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I cheated through about half the investigations and still thought they were pretty fun. Even if I cheated it's still cool seeing how it all played it out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

It starts before the weekend! We can do everything Thursday nigh- oh.

Do it Wednesday. Skip out on the raid to instead kill all the special bosses and blow through content.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So basically ban RP and PvP. Got cha.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Reverend Dr posted:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=71615

Who the gently caress is this?

Oh, its a Community Manager with 18 total posts last month.

Last time she stepped down the pubbies clamored for a statue in Kingsmoth in her honor. Never mind the rest of the Funcom devs that lost their jobs. This community manager that barely manages the community deserves one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Funcom learned nothing from the Mayans :negative:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nombres posted:

I had to kill the Blue Mountain golem three times before I got the mission ticked off (to add insult to injury, the reward bag had two green signet bags in it :shepicide:).

The lag and graphics slowdown when killing them in ungodly too. I'm playing at absolute minimum graphics level, and my GPU isn't that bad.

I killed the Blue Mountain once twice and got the pet. Kingsmouth gave me a blue Aggression.

Edit: Dozens of pubbies shooting this guy plus my black hole going off. I'm sitting at a solid 1 fps.

Double edit: Two pets down.

Len fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 4, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nombres posted:

It would jump by a shocking one or maybe even two frames per second if idiots stopped using shitloads of AOE attacks on it and summoning their pets.

That was me. Black hole and reality fracture. Had my little golem summoned. I was trying to break things.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It's 4 in the morning and I just want to get into Fusang.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

You can't name a character Funcompetence. Or have the word "funcom" anywhere in the name or else it's considered invalid.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm looking for the Scorched Desert golem bags and willing to trade for them. I have bags from everywhere else and signets. Make this happen you bitches.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Key: LQPNCQQXQBYD62ULVEXJ

I'm going to end up ignoring so many pubbies after this event.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Everything but Fusang cleared :smithicide:

Have a pretty chill picture I got from a golem fight.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Diabetic posted:

The Meat is Murder mask turns the whole game into Hotline Miami, much better cinematic effect than the horse head.

You have Anubis, pig, horse, and unicorn. That's Hotline 18s right there.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston is there any news on that wiki?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone figure out how to get into The Crypt yet? It's apparently timed based?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I still can't get into Fusang. I just want the lore :(

Edit: Still not into Fusang. But goddamn that issue 7. See Funcom this is why I love you. You can do things right!

Double edit: Then I look at the ca'd oro vendor and see that I can buy a generic purple vigour that's better than the blues I have now. Looks like I know what I'm saving for now.

Len fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 10, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The gently caress did they break this time?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Toshimo posted:

For those who weren't in Mumble when this went down (always be in Mumble), I decided I wanted to buy some Funcom points so I could get an outfit. This is the sequence of events:

1 - Select Funcom Points to purchase
2 - Input CC info
3 - Get billed for Funcom points
4 - 6 month old failed transaction for a 1 month subscription gets put through.

There's no way to remove failed transactions (from, you know, when you stop playing) from your account. And the moment you purchase something else, the system decides it wants to try to rerun all those transactions, even though you didn't approve them.

So, now I've been billed for a subscription I didn't authorize or want, and they are like "tough poo poo, you should know how our billing system fails and preemptively work around it", to which I'm like "tough poo poo on you, that's not how the law or your credit card agreements work." They should know this after the poo poo they pulled with AoC/AO where they were triple billing people poo poo and had thousands of chargebacks and got reported up and down to the Better Business Bureau.

So, I'll be posting a sweet thread about it on the Funcom forums later today to push the issue and give Len somewhere to poo poo on pubbies.

We'll see how it plays out.

I would spew righteous fury on the Funcom forums if I could but I can't post on the live forums. Just testlive.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

Good. So do I.

I know plenty of Illuminati I like just fine, but all the dicks seem to pick Illuminati.

I want to say you're wrong. But then I realize I'm Illuminati. So gently caress you Raiser Illuminati superiority KG for life.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Toshimo posted:

Welp. Mods gassed that thread super fast.

Also, go gently caress yourself, Raiser. Illumintai 4 Lyfe.

Yeah the Funcom volunteer moderators are super critical and don't let many threads negative of Funcom live. That's why so many threads get hijacked for negative criticisms.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

None of the people in it read this thread, apparently.

This just in: Sov-Tech bubble makes Cheston potentially rich.

Sov-Tech is worth money? I've been sitting on a couple completed blueprints for months.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Marx posted:

Hasn't it always been? I've been able to move it whenever I got it for a solid chunk.

Last time I checked the prices they were going for around 2mil pax which is chump change.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Edit: Nevermind found it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Still didn't get into Fusang but the GM at least undid my gently caress up of using my purple kit on a green flamethrower instead of a blue. Fucker needs to just give me my lore.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

It is pretty neat that Funcom decided to make an unannounced reward for the people doing the helping, totally independent of what you thought of them.

I called out a few golems during the event. But I probably won't have anything to show from it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

Of course not. You didn't circle-jerk enough (nor did I, despite of calling out golems, correcting spawn info/coordinates and helping people with instance info)

I like that they're sometimes doing these "helper" awards but so far everytime they've done it in an rear end-backwards way (see also the "medic" rewards of the last ARG, although I'm not sure they ever sent them out). I'd actually rather they didn't reward anyone than randomly rewarding people who shouted the loudest and judged by GMs who have proven to be useless in every other aspect before.

And if they went off Wrong-way I was on her ignore list the first day because I said "Pulling out a pet"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Toshimo posted:

Don't worry. I brought enough for everyone.

Between the two of us there's gonna be leftover complaints.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

UberN00ber posted:

I am interested in trying this game, I hear it's worth the money even if you only play through the main story once. I would like to see how it runs on my computer first if anyone is willing to PM me a buddy key.

U94RQLYBT4JRXQUT8C7R

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Toshimo posted:

If Frankie can do it with a tram literally roaring past his house in the wilds of the Outback while fighting off jumbucks and drop bears, I think it's safe to say that it's pretty doable under most circumstances.

Don't forget the bunyips. He has to play one handed because his other hand if always fighting bunyips.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

VisAbsoluta posted:

Some people are saying that the game only comes to a grind when you hit end-game. Any estimations of how much time till you get there? Just curious, already bought it. :)

Days of /played if you take your time and explore. I spent 20 in the first area alone.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

VisAbsoluta posted:

Okay, thanks for the answers! Just one more question: can I get by mainly solo or will I need to roll with more players? I'm not sure my online time is the same as most goons due to timezones.

Dungeons are the only time you'll need to group.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

killingtime posted:

Some examples of rewards for subscribers:

Tactical ear piece (think blue tooth head set)
A pretty neat horse head mask
An anubis mask, and a themed pet

Some examples of things you can buy with "veteran" points (currency provided monthly to subscribers):

A item that allows you to repair anywhere (instead of at a vendor)
A sombrero, 3d movie glasses, and other clothes
One time use item that allows you to trash epic drops into 1 of the end game "black bullion" currency (way not worth it)

That tacticool ear piece was important yo! The pubbies clamored for it and the loving thing doesn't even fit over the horse head or the unicorn mask. It's bullshit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I bought this during the Steam sale day too, and I'm liking it so far. The arcadey combat and "deck" style ability bar remind me a bit of Guild Wars, in a good way. Also, two minutes into the first real mission and I have to jump on top of my grandpa's old car in order to attract zombies...

(for reference :allears:)

I'm Lutha on Grim. If there's one big goon cabal, go ahead and send me an invite.

Are you lumie dragon or templar?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

To anyone needing in the lumi cabal I'll be idling in mumble all night. Just stop in and let me know to sign on and give you an invite. Platbeard in mumble.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Zephonith posted:

The worst thing is when you've killed a quest mob, submitted the mission, and you get killed because it respawned while you were reading KG's mission debrief.

Come into Mumble and we can run you through the Darkness War dungeon a few times for gear.

gently caress that. Come into Mumble and we can run you through Ankh. It's a superior dungeon in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

Did we ever hear more about Funcom implementing in-game radio streams? Radio Free Cheston is waiting on that.

Radio Free Cheston: "Also has Raiser, and music that isn't godawful."

How much would I have to donate to get a "Cheston reads" segment? Where each week at x time you read from a book until it's finished. I would tune in every goddamn week.

• Locked thread