Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I kind of miss how you'd do a brief cry emote before/while stuffing your face with taco. A quick lament of "What am I doing with my life?" Before powering through yet another crusty corn tortilla deliciously filled with meat, beans and cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Rasmussen posted:

If you're super interested in the deck costumes, just be aware that in game some don't look quite like their artwork. Here's a link to show them all in game:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=34517

This is not actually true anymore. At least for the female dragon outfits I know all of them match the art now. More or less, since you can't wear Chaos Theorist shades with the outfit for some reason.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
So the horse head mask is still amazing. I'm redoing content just to see it.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

EVERY loving TIME I LOAD I GET A GOD drat ITEM DELIVERY NOTIFICATION! I've already loving grabbed my issues, but apparently I STILL HAVE TO GRAB THEM! Is there a way to get this notification to loving go away forever because holy poo poo it's obnoxious!

You can delete it. It doesn't do anything bad if you've already grabbed it. Also you'll probably be annoyed once you don't have anything to spend AP/SP on if this bothers you so much.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I found this while jumping around in the bunker from Issue 7

So not all is lost.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I like your taco tracker.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

guppy posted:

Yeah, you can get that much... if you're insane and have nothing at all better to do.

Funcom's inability to learn anything, ever, might be what ultimately drives me away from this game. I am loving done with their grinding crap.

I don't even really grind and my primary character is sitting around with maxed everything and a full pool of points that need spending.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Len posted:

The difference is when things are going to cost what you already have plus more. That's going to take way more time to fill a wheel. Added into that the resource cost that comes with the augments and it's seriously bullshit levels of grind.

Point. And I doubt they'll try to balance out the cost from what they've already got at this time.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Brain In A Jar posted:

:siren: The next phase of dungeon content for the event is up. :siren:

It's a 5-man dungeon, which also comes with a bonus NM difficulty setting! Hooray!

They're quick and easy. the normal one will get you 2 fragments, the NM will get you 3. Both are on thirty minute cooldowns as well, and it shouldn't take more than 10 to blow through them.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Len posted:

If you don't play with awful pubbies you only need one cleanup. Again this is a complaint that's solved by not playing with awful people. You keep making the game harder on yourself than it has to be.

What kind of gear is needed to burn him down in one cleanup cycle though? The people I play with aren't the best but we've managed to consistently kill him in one or two tries per run.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
That is a thing I like about the game. They generally do pull a lot of real-world history into the mix and put the Secret World spin on them for the investigation missions. It was like stealth edutainment.

Also apparently edutainment is a real word according to my spellchecker.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Goatse is tame compared to even screen grabs of 1 guy 1 jar. That would be the true terror of the Filth.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
It's a grind I could have only done with the help of extra XP weekends and those energy drinks they had. It's a pretty cool glowy outfit though.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Kessel posted:

I actually have mechanics questions about HE:

1) Exactly what does the rabbit do for the Lustrehunter fight?
2) Exactly what does the guy walking the dogs do for the Flagellatrix Superior fight?

I'm not sure about the first one but the second just involves running around to insure you've got aggro of all three dogs, then you just go in circles at the back of the area while the rest of the group fights the lady. They're slow enough that you might have to pause now and then to make sure their path doesn't turn about and sandwich you between two of them.

edit: also you want to make sure you keep sprint on the whole time.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Sekenr posted:

Frankly I don't get why so many people wear suits ingame, its not like your character works in an office

I don't understand boring suits either.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Too bad that last one hasn't got a permanent option. Nothing would be more horrifying than smileface in cutscenes.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Len posted:

So will the people who wanted player housing finally shut up?
A museum/trophy room is a cool idea but I don't think it'll really compel me to play again.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Len posted:

It looks like they slapped a jpg on a mug template and went "good enough" unless that's :thejoke:

Also good for dark roast coffee. No creamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I didn't get too far, but I did like that the Dragon attitude was basically "Let's just turn this guy loose and see what he wants to do."

It legitimizes playing as a drunk guy who wears a horse mask, speedo, and nothing else.

• Locked thread