Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Honestly, the issue with this game is that Kingsmouth is amazing.

And then you get to Egypt and, uh... not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I've gotten all but two pieces of Flappy's clothing, assuming the rumors of a black jacket and military helmet are false.

That's all the good stuff I got. Meanwhile, my friend gets Astral Fuse and Supernal Diode back-to-back.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 15, 2014

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It's a lot better than Super Hel. I run near-max and don't get much of a drop that I notice.

Super Hel was nuts, though. Total slideshow.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

drat you Leeeeeeeeen! :argh:

Leen?

Why did Funcom lose so much staff anyway?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Supposedly the numbers go up after every Steam sale. Honestly they should have not done the subscription thing period, that probably killed them.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Actually, I'm curious: are there links to explanations of all that company drama you mention? The insider trading in particular sounds sort of funny.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I have to say, this game's grind seems up there with some Asian MMOs once you get to needing Astral Fuses and Augment stuff.

Still not sure what Augments even are.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Cheston posted:

I got the worthless title without trying for it. I've killed it enough times to buy two astral fuses :(

Three for me. Plus it gave me a free Criterion Upgrade.

I don't even have 10.2s.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

So this week is Golden Week. Fight the Golden Golem to get a token.

You need 80 tokens for a Jinn pet, 40 for a golden golem pet, etc.

Except they screwed up and accidentally put the golem on a 2h cooldown. Meaning that, assuming you don't have any tokens from a previous event, it is currently impossible to obtain the highest-cost item unless you literally do not sleep.

They have already said it was a mistake, but they won't fix it until next time.

Funcompetence!

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 1, 2016

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Toshimo posted:

8.5% to all damage is better than 20% leeching for a build that is not 100% leech. Also, the defensive buff is probably worth more mitigation than the bonus leech heals.

Experience also does not actually work.

It used to be that it was a straight 20% boost to leeching skills. That means a boost to the damage itself and thus to the healing.

It was stealth-nerfed to only boost the % damage converted to healing in such a way that it is worthless.

This is on top of nerfing Anima Shot by giving it a casting delay.

Funcom kinda sucks at the whole "fun" part sometimes.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 14, 2016

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

flatluigi posted:

When did they make Dragon interesting?

Never. They are more or less the original writer's weird and vaguely racist Mary Sue faction that seem to know the real story behind everything.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You need a solo build that lets you heal yourself.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Now try to perfect the apartment complex.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

If you think that's bad, wait until you try to perfect the Oni Wards.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm going to go and try this now because I am a broken person. :v:

Watch a video for how to Flicker it, I am warning you now.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You managed to get through the final ward without watching the exact method? Impressive.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Funny enough...

How big is your character?

The game will count that as a failure if your character is certain sizes. I'm dead serious.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'm sure you could trade pax for it if so inclined.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Don't do it. Wait for Complete.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pilchenstein posted:

I think three extra issues? Which if you bought them seperately would probably cost as much as the game itself.

Yup.

If you buy Ultimate, wait for a Steam Sale and buy the other three issues' Collector's Editions (NOT Sleuth's Gallery) at 5 bucks each. At least you'd get a free teleport and some cool pets.

Funcom basically never puts the points on sale.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 29, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Do those actually go on sale during the big sale events? Because that's not so bad. Would've saved a bit of money but that's alright considering how much I like the game.

Yes, when the main game goes on sale on Steam so do the Collector's Editions of issues.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

They are discontinued. You may not obtain them anymore.

Yes, that means everything in the Veteran Points store is unobtainable if you don't already have the points to buy them. Can't even be gifted.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I want the Reconstructor and pets, but alas.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

What are you ingame? If you need pax I wouldn't mind trading it for some of your FC points.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

You can do that now? But nah I don't need pax I'm sitting on 66mil and have no use for it as is

Darn.

No, you can gift people FC point stuff, so I would give you the cash and you'd gift the item.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Oh, are you in for a ride.

When was the last time you played and what's your gear like?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Sabotages where you have to go inside a building are often solo, yeah.

Makes cheating to get Unseen difficult.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The essences are about 1.5 million each, not too terrible.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

AEGIS isn't so bad...

...if you first walk into Tokyo with mostly 10.9. I can't imagine what it is like without.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well, if anyone needs help you can ask me. I'm Yawk ingame.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The issue with the Tokyo dungeons is not the lore.

The issue is that to even do them reliably on Elite to start with 1.9 AEGIS is basically required.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

That isn't what I wanted to hear. I bet you're supposed to upgrade AEGIS poo poo too?

Yup.

Manufactory and Breached Elite drops AEGIS 2.0 firmware to upgrade AEGIS to 2.0. This saves you 360 Marks of the Pantheon on buying them direct.

To upgrade further you must do Manufactory Nightmare. That drops Mk. III Memory Expansion kits, which will get you to 2.4 or so. This means you need 36 kits. Or you can buy these from players for 2 million apiece, or 72 million total.

Then you must do Manufactory Breached Nightmare for Mk. IV Memory Expansion kits, which will get you to 2.9. You will not be able to defeat the final boss, which was overbuffed by Funcom and never fixed. Mk. IV kits are bind on pickup, so you're stuck here.

The reward for all of this insane grind?

You can do Nightmare Raids for QL11 gear, 10.9 gear with absurdly overpowered effects, and further AEGIS upgrades (up to 3.6 I think).

It is unabashedly terrible.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 26, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Seriously, did none of you look at my post about the AEGIS grind they refuse to fix? I'm not very confident in the current direction.

Let me clarify the issue with Manufactory Breached Nightmare: The final boss is nearly impossible even with full QL11 gear. That you get to even try for by grinding until you have AEGIS 2.9. Which you get exclusively from Manufactory Breached Nightmare and need a grand total of 45 kits.

Do I have to talk about what happened during Samhain 2016 too?

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 28, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Amante posted:

My biggest hopes for the relaunch are cross-faction cabals (more needed than ever with the wider audience they're trying to bring in) and toning down the AEGIS system. Past retention additions like challenges and the museum have been fine, so I'm not worried there.

Edit:
vvv
Dust of the Black Pharaoh. I must have it.

Forget Black Pharaoh. What you want is the Blood of the Deep One King. That thing is absolute bullshit in PVP, best in class for healers.

The other issue with Black Pharaoh is you then have to slot Laceration on your builder weapons. The cost to do that is absolutely nuts, 40+million per builder.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 1, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

EvilBillMurray. Thanks a ton

Wait what?! Hahaha I think I sent you stuff at one point.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'll be the token Templar because why not.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

There's plenty of "I'm better than you because I have better gear" types like in any MMO.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

My main issue is that I need 1x Quad Roller Skates and 1x Shoulderpads, Black to complete my bag item collection, and there is no way I'm getting the pads I think.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Well, yeah I think premium would be fair considering the money some of us dropped in there. Thank god I stopped playing after beating the game and didn't grind any achievements or upgraded gear.

I am currently buying up every cosmetic possible.

I will laugh if none of it transfers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

dumb and kinda scared posted:

I still can't help but wonder what they mean by graphics improvement. This 2012 game had a very successful facelift but can they really squeeze more out of it to look modern in 2017? Could it be ... that they somehow ported it on Conan Exiles engine? That would explain why there won't be Tokyo on release (or they are just laughing at us).

Nope. Same engine.

Same, exact, engine.

• Locked thread