Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
If you haven't yet, you can go through the Issue 6, 7, 8 and 9 (okay maybe not 8) mission chains which each grant you a purple talisman, which will make the Gatekeeper a lot easier. Some of the later missions might be a bit rough in blues, but you can group for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Len posted:

Double edit: Found an English one in game. Does it say the same as the Japanese one though? I HAVE TO KNOW!!!
Yeah it does. It reads like the English one was written first, then translated into Japanese.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Mercurius posted:

Any suggestions on how I can make soloing in Tokyo not completely awful?
Pick up some low level AE capacitors from the Auction House. You get a fairly big boost in shield-breaking just by having 4 QL0s equipped compared to having nothing at all.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Hugh, I've been playing around with your build in Tokyo but I don't like fists so I used Blood for the secondary, with Bloodline and Exsanguinate for the Single target component and Exquisite Corpse for the active heal. I still sometimes die if I forget to change AEGIS, but it works pretty well for the most part. It's not as indestructible as Cheston's Blade/Chaos build so I do sorta have to be careful about not pulling too many things - I miss having Leeching Frenzy + Undying Augment proccing on my builder. What ratio of HP/Attack/Heal talismans do you use?

Also, I have a full set of corrupted SD cards which I will sell for a very reasonable price.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe you need other pieces of lore before you can get that one to spawn? I know a few pieces of Black Signal lore only appear when you get the corresponding bit of yellow lore.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

^^ I don't know where you got 9:30 from, it's 11am on a Sunday so I probably won't be available.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

That build was based on the setting Fire in the Hole to go off during an Ele Force-ed Shootout, which I think doesn't really work anymore. Hip fire was there because it was less likely to kill me with Southern Hemisphere ping :shobon:

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

For fist heals, the above two have mostly covered it. Definitely use Healing Sparks and Empowerment, and a second Fist builder to increase the number of HoTs you're applying. If you still need more passives, Brawler is useful because it increases your crit power. For my fist heal build I use the Issue 6 Egypt healing headpiece with the healing signet, which builds blood resources. It's a bit unreliable because the resource building is random, but it means you get a free Exquisite Corpse every now and then.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Whenever I'm in-game (not often) I put a few things in the Illuminati cabal bank. There's a bunch of potions, toolkits, QL10 Blues and low level AE capacitors, which anyone is welcome to take.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Captain Candiru posted:

Apparently that buddy invite/trial thing doesn't work cause nothing ever came.
Try this code: TXELEEASRXYXW8T5G9RB

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Speaking of RPers, I actually saw some using the Albion Theatre for its intended purpose a few weeks back. They were advertising in Tokyo General chat for people to see their play and I needed to get to the Auction House so I met up with them. I didn't stick around for the performance so I have no idea what it was, but I'm sure it could have been improved with a horse in a speedo.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

xanthan posted:

Veteran chaos focus and blade, so QL 10 blues with a green resilient and blue attuned glyphs.
QL7, 5, and 3 greens for major talismans.
QL 6 blue for the head.
6 and 3 greens on minor with the last being a QL 5 blue.

In the story I'm only up to Egypt. Also, drat I need to upgrade my stuff at some point.
Make getting QL10 greens for all your talismans a priority. You can buy them off the Auction House pretty cheaply, or if you're in the Illuminati cabal there's some QL10 blues in the Cabal Bank that are free to a good home. Then you should be set to do the issues which will get you purple talismans, or else do elite dungeons, which will get you QL10 blues.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I think if you get the CD key from your Steam purchase and input it in your account page it should be okay.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I bought a set of QL0 gear from the Kingsmouth vendor and made a "Reset" gear manager slot just for this, and it's saved me a lot. It also gives me an excuse to use that burning torch you get from the investigation mission in London.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Mercurius posted:

Yeah I think when I tried to show Kessel how to speed run it he fell off that bit something like 50 times.

Mad props to BIAJ for showing me the speed run in the first place, though.
You might be getting BiaJ mixed up with daedalus. I remember showing someone how to do it with him anyhow.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

It could have been me. I logged on to check out the new clothes and saw some people online so I promoted them.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

It's issue 10, and the mission is from Jake Hama. It's really annoying because it makes you run across the entire issue 10 map area.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Kumo posted:

Is it the one where you fight a giant ape on top of some giant tanks near the water?
Yes. It gives you three green head talisman-shaped things that you can equip.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I'm planning to pop back in to do more Tokyo stuff once I finish exams in a week and a half, so I will be available to run dungeons/Tokyo then. There's a lot of lore I still need to get.

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh, one final question, I'm guessing the faction distinction is still largely cosmetic? I was going to give myself a quick run through of the main story in the earlier zones to refresh myself and figured I'd make a new character for it, but if there's no real point in a new one...
General consensus is that Illuminati get the best mission flavour text and handler, while Templar get the best faction-specific mission. Dragon get... cryptic messages and stuff, I guess.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

TracerM17 posted:

The only augments I really felt were worth it were the ones that increase the base stats (hp, heal and damage) by 150 once fully upgraded.
Just to point out: these ones are really cheap on the AH, and you can buy the kits too. Scenarios are about as frustrating as the Bank Heist mission and the augment drop rates are pretty terrible, I don't recommend actually doing them.

Although I once got the gold DPS augment as a drop and sold it for a purple signet of laceration which I still haven't used on anything

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Just pick the one with the best outfits and don't worry about it. You can always make alts/look at the cutscenes on Youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I will probably start playing this again in a week, once holidays start.

• Locked thread