Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
The Neo Aztec armband or whatever also gives you invisible hands if you wear it with long sleeves.

The texture on it is all hosed up, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I'm in-game right now and the chat and community servers have been completely down for the last half hour.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Starting on Friday, it's double XP/double bullion/free boots weekend.

Here is some info about it:

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/black_weekend_event_starting_this_friday

That also means that this weekend will be a good time to try this game out, I guess. Anyone who wants a 3 day trial, just ask in the thread and someone will probably post one.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Cheston posted:

Note to Frankenstein: I meant "do all of the Investigation missions this weekend," not beforehand. Might not be enough without the double boost.

I did all the Kingsmouth ones tonight and got hammers to 8, so I think it'll work out. :)

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Library of Alexandria? I guess that's getting a little abstract.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Blood healing is what's really in need of attention. It can't stand up to fist or assault rifle at all. Outside of Slaughterhouse or abusing Cold Blooded to pull aggro, it's well below par for anything other than supplementing a poorly geared fist healer. And pistol does a better job of that, anyway.

It's probably worth mentioning that Joel has said that they've intended to rebalance most of the wheel since beta. I haven't seen him say that that's off the table. Whether it will happen any time soon is another matter. Hopefully the devs start to speed up, now that they're settled in their new digs.

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 20, 2013

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
That's about what you can do as a leech healer in TSW. But yeah, gently caress the holy trinity. DYNAMISM!

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
It was absolutely the worst thing ever, so don't be sad.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Yeah, and it sure was cool doing it with four dudes who started playing the game the day before. It's like they TRIED to make an event specifically for power-leveling. :|

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Reverend Dr posted:

At the same time, they did a pretty poor job of letting us know there was even a choice for the first dreaming (without going offsite, which the vast majority won't do), and also did a poor job of demonstrating how to make the 'good' final choice. Before someone goes off on how I'm full of poo poo and the choices were very clear, I'm talking about pubbies here; pubbies are going to make the 'evil' choice at 1 and 3 because there is no way they could stumble onto the 'good' actions (unless I'm underestimating the number of people that fell asleep with auto-run on at the first choice).

I'd say it's actually more poetic if the reason Tokyo is hosed is because people are stupid.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
[edit]

Nevermind. Clearly accidentally in the wrong thread. ^^^^^^^

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Cleretic posted:

The Dragon are hard to work with both in and out of character. Their methodology is so profoundly hosed up and overly complicated that it's hard to get a read on them in any capacity. I actually consider it a bit fortunate that they just come right out in their introduction and mark themselves as kidnapping rapists, so if all else fails there's some pretty sound evidence to hate them right there.

I guess the thing about the Dragon is they're as likely build 100 homeless shelters as they are to murder 100 homeless guys.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I think it's a pretty safe bet that the prices will jump back up once this event is over.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Should have worn a helmet.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Well, you could pick Dragon.

I'm kidding, Dragon is fine if you like the concept more than the other two. Goons like Illuminati because they get the most comedy. Templar get the best headquarters and missions. The writing for Dragon is still top notch, but it's not funny as often as Illuminati and their faction HQ is sort of lovely because they were implemented very close to launch and were a bit rushed, as I understand it.

Anyway, faction is the only thing of import to pick at creation. Everything else can be altered later. Except maybe height? And gender and name, of course.

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 17, 2013

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Well, I'd argue that Dragon are also tied on missions, in that case. Because you also get a headlamp as well as getting to interrupt Orochi CEO sex, save a pro starcraft player from being turned into a mindwashed codebreaker or something, and investigate a haunted mental asylum.

But Virgula Divina is still the best faction mission.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Stop running TSW in DX11 mode. Otherwise, nope.

It's a pretty ugly overlay, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Pilchenstein posted:

There's not much on there that seems worth buying, should I just spend them on those crazy grab bags?

Pretty much. They added those grab bags because there's nothing better to spend them on.

I guess you could stock up on casting toolkits, if you think you're likely to recast all of your custom weapons. That's some real endgame poo poo, though.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Turns out we can raid after all. We just won't get the bullion from the mission.

So the raid is still happening.

I am really curious as to what the exploit could have been. Apparently something to do with the actual mission part, which is odd.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Good thing it is, seppo.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Close Quarters is loving amazing until you hit Transylvania. Use a ranged weapon with it and you'll never take any damage because nothing can hit you.

Of course, it's virtually useless after that.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I certainly wouldn't say that EVERYONE should rush to Close Quarters, but for someone who has decided to go through the quest content with a shotgun/other ranged weapon build, it's absolutely fantastic, especially if picked up early. The internal cooldown is so short that it goes away before the enemy can get back into range, provided you put a little distance between yourself and the enemy while the hinder is up, so that's moot. I use it for anything that's melee and doesn't resist hinders. Hinder resistance only becomes really common in Carpathian Fangs, so it's useful for a pretty good chunk of quest content. As for it being a big investment, I'd say that's offset by the fact that the two abilities immediately before it, Lock, Stock and Barrel, and Overpenetration, are both great AND nightmare dungeon staples. The biggest thing for me, though, is that kiting a mob around is a lot more fun than standing there and spinning at it or whatever.

It's definitely not for every build, but it's certainly got its place, which is a lot more than can be said for most elite passives.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I wish more people would use #awful.

Check out this thread on the offsite forums to find out how to NOT have to rejoin custom chat channels whenever you change zone. It's pretty much essential if you want to use any non-default chat channels.

http://everythingisgoon.enjin.com/forum/m/5751792/viewthread/6847287-auto-start-scripts-stuff

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Well, there's a way to view your application and post on it and stuff. You should be able to find it under Applications, My Apps or something like that.

Or, if you're Malleus (the only pending application at the moment, so I guess it's you), just post which faction you want here. Either way is fine.

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 28, 2013

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Any combination of weapons will work until you're doing nightmare dungeons. Just play whatever you think is fun. When people say chaos sucks, they are totally sperging out and min-maxing stuff that does not really need to be min-maxed.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I think it's tied to faction rank. You need to have the first one to be able to buy the second and so on anyway, so the guy saying not to buy it is uninformed.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
PH82MNLB2ZECU9S2DPK7

^^^^^^^

damnitttttttttttttttttttt

And here's another one for anyone who wants it:

LNLM8AHLZKLANF7NVUXC Taken!

PH82MNLB2ZECU9S2DPK7 Taken!

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 13, 2013

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

DjLando posted:

Thanks! And also thanks to guppy for the effort :)

Dude, I put two on the last page. :(

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
It's cool! Hope you enjoy the game!

Can someone remind me what the theoretical explanations are for the huge pillars of light showing up in Agartha? And my display turning all monochrome!

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Press T.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Key: PH82MNLB2ZECU9S2DPK7 Taken!

[edit]

VVVVVVVVVVVV

Wow, thanks. :)

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 13, 2013

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

The Locator posted:

Welp, I managed to gimp my xp in The Savage Coast. I got my blades skill up to 7, and instantly everything in the area went from white to blue, and my xp dropped dramatically.

You didn't gimp your xp, because mobs give the same amount of xp regardless of the strength of your character, and the amount of xp needed to gain one AP is always 40,000. Missions are a slightly different matter, with those above your "level" giving reduced rewards. It's something like this:

Normal or easier - 100% experience
Hard - 95% of Normal
Very Hard - 85% of Normal
Devastating - 35% of Normal

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I'd like to see the fishstick in-game.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Try typing /delivereditems into chat. Otherwise, see if you can find the Plague Doctor outfit ANYWHERE in the store, and maybe there will be a claim button?

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

quote:

Survivors with bear arms are now less likely to become traitors.

THEY HAVE BEAR ARMS? I hope that's the next melee aux weapon!

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I tried one group elite one and it was ridiculously difficult, but I think maybe it was bugged or something?

Len posted:

It's nowhere near as awesome as it should be. When I picked it up I was fully prepared to start using fist weapons all the time because bear arms as a skin would be great. But instead it's just really boring and gives a survivor a gun.

:thejoke:

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Yep. I have given up, because scenarios consistently crash me. :(

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
TSW has cool dungeons and if you think they're tedious, it's because you have played the game too much. They really are worlds above the average MMO dungeon. Consider whether they're less tedious on normal or elite. Hell Fallen is significantly more enjoyable, for one.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I think he's talking about the Broadway Charm.

Just kidding I have all the raid loot. Why do I have all the raid loot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Is that god drat bird still god drat flying around agartha?

Whoa, they added idle animations for when you have a weapon drawn?

Or maybe those were always there and I'm nuts.

GEMorris posted:

There definitely isn't DPS dickwaving and blame-game tanking going on

obviously fake

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 5, 2014

• Locked thread