Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
Is it crazy to change the weapons I started chose at the beginning after about a months worth of gameplay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009

orcane posted:

Yeah it's not really crazy. Once you start collecting AP like mad (starting in Egypt, roughly) you want to pick up certain passives which are scattered all over the ability wheel. There's no need to focus on a set of weapons, except maybe on Solomon Island when you really don't have the AP/SP yet to branch out.

So Skill Points aren't a problem? I heard that the later missions just vomit AP all over you, but I wasn't sure if it's the same deal for SP.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009

orcane posted:

You'll also max out the weapon skills far sooner than the ability wheel. It's still a good idea to mostly focus on a set of weapon because that allows you to do higher level content sooner (and get more AP/SP for new weapons faster than starting at weapon level 1 in Kingsmouth). But that doesn't mean you can't get one or two weapons up to your "main" QL, it's only a temporary setback and you always keep your talisman skills anyway.

Cool. There's only three weapons I'm interested in, and two of them I'm only really concerned about going down the healing path anyways.

• Locked thread