Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Drinkfist posted:

Yeah I had a feeling. Welp.

I have a lifetime sub to TSW and got my 200 dollars of enjoyment in the form of playing the drat game for about two years. Everything past this is just bonus.

Can't wait for posts like this gem in here.

Who wants to buy some t-shirts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Beta update today. I'll add the changes as they become known.
  • Dressing Room part 1
  • Lairs and Regionals (but not world)
  • Carpathian Fangs
  • Fists
  • Class feedback forums have become weapon feedback forums (maybe they are going to let people pick two starting weapons instead of that stupid class bullshit?) Nope, still stupid class bullshit
  • More character customization
  • Revamped missions including The Castle
  • Lore gives XP and Currency
  • Post on the economy: Economy

This will probably be the last update before live not be the last update before live. Let's see if they've managed to un-gently caress anything!

Open beta might be a thing soon...

quote:

We will be migrating towards new servers halfway through this beta, but we’ll give you more information as we get closer to the date.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 27, 2017

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

randombattle posted:

I love the super sperg attitude going on. It's like people are pretending the secret world wasn't a lovely mmo. You guys need to pull your heads out of your asses cause there was nothing amazingly phenomenal about the gameplay they're replacing. It's just a bad game that's being replaced with a bad game.

What horror.

??? TSW thread has always been for making fun of how bad Funcom has hosed up this game. The only people ever defending TSW were the ones that Drinkfist was making fun of literally 3 posts ago.

Len posted:

Do we know what the new membership benefits are yet? Or is that still just an under construction geocities page?

Nope. Probably a flat xp/currency boost and an aurum stipend.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 27, 2017

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

phosdex posted:

I played this game at launch for a bit and then forgot about it. This video popped up today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvHvcF0-pk0. Do you guys in the beta feel thats fairly accurate? I'll probably check it out regardless.

Accurate-ish. He spins a lot of things as positive when they aren't really great changes or are halfway to decent changes. A few posts ago someone said that this isn't really a relaunch as it is a content patch. That's pretty accurate.

I just finished updating so I'll have some info and pictures soon.

Login Rewards:

Looks like one of the things that subs get is a key to one of those random loot chests every day.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 27, 2017

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Morglon posted:

Man don't you hate it when you get too much loot it gets confusing and what are you supposed to do with all of that?

Absolutely. I'm so glad that Funcom removed all loot drops from enemies. Makes it so much less confusing.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Regarding lairs:

quote:

Hey everybody! The difficulty of lairs seems to have left some confused, so I'd like to address that. Though lairs are available and you're free to try to kill the enemies within, we do not expect much success at this time. This content is meant to be both relevant and meaningful for the endgame, and as such is targeted toward players that have progressed quite a bit.

This rather steep progression expectation is necessary, as if we aim lower on the progression curve the content would be trivialized by players higher up on the progression curve. This would mean lairs would degenerate into solo farms for more advanced players rather than the group content we'd like it to be.

So while you're free to try to test this with as many friends as you can, please bear this warning in mind. Best of luck to those of you that do try to brave these areas.

quote:

It's a very blurry line that depends a lot on player skill, but players should start to have success at very high purple and beyond. Regionals are more difficult and have even higher expectations.

Lairs are now designed to be late endgame content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
New Thread, may Gaia have mercy on our bees.

• Locked thread