Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
I recently picked up this game and am enjoying the story, but am struggling with the builds. Honestly I don't care enough to do a ton of research to figure out how to put one together by myself for a combat system that is kind of meh. Before I abandon the game, I thought I'd check here and see if someone could point me in the right direction.

Basically, I would prefer a gun/magic ranged build of some kind that would let me get through content quickly. If I have to do melee to solo stuff, then fine, whatever. I'm still in the first zombie town and am using shotgun/blood magic, but if I need to switch to something completely different, that's fine.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010

LLSix posted:

I'm hoping to get my wife interested in MMOs. Is The Secret World the best one for a new player to learn the ropes in?

How fiddly is inventory management? I've been trying out ESO the last few days and my inventory being constantly full is driving me nuts.

If you want an intro MMO and actually sort of interact with other players, Guild Wars 2 is very friendly. You can bop around anywhere, do whatever and keep leveling. People show up, you all work on a mission, it ends, you all go your own way, etc.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
I just want to know which version of the game to play if I just want to play through the content solo. I was always interested in the game and got a key on sale a while ago. Never got around to giving it a go.

• Locked thread