Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Fenrisulfr posted:

Howdy, I just picked this up and have been playing for a few hours. I'm trying a leeching AR/Blood build, which has been okay so far, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if I should be having as much trouble as I am. I've done about 2 dozen missions, filled out one of the AR tracks and about 2/3 of the other, with a few points in the Blood tracks and I've got both my weapons and Major and Minor talisman skills to 2, Head is still at 1. My gear is all QL1 stuff from mob drops and quests, maybe a QL2 talisman or two, I don't remember. Nothing outstanding anyway.

I was doing okay but now I'm getting missions that are sending me against the draugr and other mobs with 1500-2500 hp, and unless I'm really careful I'm getting slaughtered. My 50 damage or so with Anima Shot isn't keeping up with the incoming damage and my 37-point Blood Barrier doesn't really help either. I can manage fine one-on-one, but if I ever pull two it gets hairy and three is pretty much a death sentence. Is this normal for where I am in the game, and what can I do to improve? Also, what are some ways of getting decent gear early on? I read that graveyard mission gets you a QL2 weapon at the end of it, but the sniper guy destroys me in seconds, so that hasn't really been an option yet.

This is not a game where you can take on multiple enemies (unless they are a swarm type, in which case you can)

Fighting a single dot enemy should be a solid fight, fighting two should be a near death experience. Watch your aggro or you'll spend a lot of time in the dirt. Also unless you actually have some healing talismans, your healing may as well be nonexistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Fenrisulfr posted:

Thanks for the advice everyone. Like I said I'm not really a big MMO player, so I wasn't sure if my experience so far meant I sucked or not (I do, but at least part of it is the difficulty of the game). Since I've picked up Slow the Advance and Three Round Burst things have been better, and now I know that when I see a large group of guys all packed together, it doesn't mean the game expects me to be able to handle them all, it means the designers were assholes.

A few more hours of playing and I'm doing a bit better. I've swapped out Blood for Elemental for now, since I basically wasn't using my Blood stuff at all and the Elemental stuff has helped bring my single-target damage up. gently caress that zombie hulk mission on Priest Island, though. I think I've died more times trying to do that one than all my other (non self-inflicted) deaths combined. Normal difficulty my pasty white rear end.

Are you running in circles strafing around the enemy and avoiding standing in the poo poo? Because you should be.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

GEMorris posted:

Why are you guys trying to form a new illuminati cabal again? Killsion, and myself, are regularly on, and lawli is occasionally around. What's the actual problem?

I guess since we have like 500+ members, 490 of which don't play anymore, it'd simplify things. I'm indifferent about it honestly.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Tube posted:

Is this game still awesome? Because I have a lifetime sub, and my desktop PC died a good while back. I may get around to fixing it, and if so, I'll probably take up playing this again.

Not much has changed, so if it was awesome before, then it'd still be awesome.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

HughGRect posted:

FreeEvilBillMurray.com

I'm thirding this.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Welp now I've descended into madness. Looking at the available deck combinations is pretty overwhelming, but I have to say that the biggest draw for me would be outfits. Is it worth focusing on deck builds that yield cool outfits or is it better to just play freeform? As much as I'd like to make my own custom deck, the thought of having a cool build that leaves me with an outfit that makes me look like a street thug leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

The deck outfits are purely cosmetic, you don't have to wear them, but they are faction specific. Also the actual deck builds aren't good, so don't start filling them out unless you really want the outfit, and even then, don't do it until you already have a solid build, which plenty of people in this thread can help steer you in the right direction.

The correct answer anyway though is Illuminati because Kirsten Geary. Nothing beats Geary.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

orcane posted:

E: Templar outfits and Virgula Divina do, yes :colbert:

Touche, a valid rebuttal. Geary is still certainly up there though.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Remember those rubber banding deaths last night in the raid?

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=71483

We aren't alone.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

guppy posted:

Sweet. Any word on when it goes live?

New Letter indicates July 8th.

Anniversary Event from July 3-7.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You know, if you told me ahead of time that the Illuminati had a meme spouting quest giver, I'd probably roll my eyes but the fact that he delivers every line completely monotone somehow makes it amusing rather than annoying. :geno:

The voice actor was completely unaware of all the memes he spouts as well so it really helped with the monotone delivery.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

HughGRect posted:

Need goons to kill a guardian, Kill and I found one!

Yep yep! Get on mumble!

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
This is killing me waiting...

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Fusang is currently with a constant stream of Gatekeepers and the bag drop is 100% pet drop.

Takes anywhere from 1-4 hours of raging at PVPers for SFing groups, resetting boss, and other fun.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

VisAbsoluta posted:

From what I've been reading here, I wish that almost every build ever basically didn't suck, but this is every MMORPG I guess?

Most are fine for story progression purposes etc, but once you get to endgame you are pretty much forced into something cookie-cutter.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
As expected, certain vocal pubbies are raging hilariously about the grave injustice that is the monthly item is not super serious enough for them.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

guppy posted:

Supposedly you can't get the achievement in a group because ???

One of the devs outright said you can not get it with a group, so I wouldn't even bother. Either way, achievement is easy. Difficulty is getting him to spawn. First run the door was locked. Second run I deliberately went for the cheevo and door was open. Ran in, killed him, picked up the quest, turned it in etc.

The Covert Cryptographer though, gently caress that one. You can't even explore because it'll auto push you and progress if you get too close to an area.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Citizen Kane 13 posted:

^^^^^

That's the one with the drat letters for the teddybear? I can think of two points where it'll do that. The honeycomb and the hallway. Hallway's easy if you inch up as close as you can and cartwheel. gently caress the honeycomb, though. Fall off and more likely than not it'll decide to progress anyways.

Yep. gently caress that honeycomb, seriously.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Len posted:

Sing along 18s are my new favorite way to run dungeons. It breathes fresh life into this game! Let's do it more often.

I don't know any popular songs though. :smith:

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Chiming in with the Cauterize -> Surgical Steel -> Cauterize -> Surgical Steel master race Fist healing rotation.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Who is up for wiping on Ankh bridge for an hour?!

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Len posted:

Don't use #awful for groups.

This.

Use mumble if you want to do anything with goons.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Everyone knows I'm super lazy and I'm never in mumble, but if ya ever need me, hit me on steam and if I'm around I'll hop in to help with whatever.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Len posted:

The event is up. It sounds neat but I expect to be disappointed. Both bosses are probably reskins of regular bosses we've killed a few hundred times.

Probably but I'm at least interested. Also there are apparently Enruned versions of the old End of Days pets, I don't know what they are, but I want them now. Also I only have 22 pets. This is disappointing.

I'm down for running this stuff later tonight.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
I'll be totally down to run the krampus stuff tomorrow night. Say 8 or 9 est?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Cleretic posted:

I'm not gonna say either side is mature here, but Unfair definitely dug his own hole.

This is my stance from reading the evidence.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

HughGRect posted:

I like when our little corner of the world gets some much needed drama.

Not like there is anything else to do. I still have yet to participate in the Flappy thing or complete a single scenario.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Well the whole gist of Moiren's argument to my understanding was that Unfair stopped playing the game and stopped updating the site with no indication of giving the site to someone else, or anything like that. Moiren interpreted it as him just using it for money, so she went with the copyright claims etc because she disliked him profiting from her voice if he didn't even play anymore.

If the site is indeed transferring ownership as that seems to indicate, then this may actually be calming down.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

GEMorris posted:

The game is programmed the way you describe, but Gross Anatomy has an unstated cool-down to reduce how often it will proc.

Because Suppressing Fire + Shoot em Up + Gross Anatomy = how Lawlicaust and I broke the game in beta.

The good 'ol days.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Cleretic posted:

New in the latest hotfix: The Forged Council's Seal.

Talk to the Rogue Coder in the Sunken Library, and you pay one million pax to get Tokyo authorization without doing scenarios.

Is this seriously real? Sign me the hell up!

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Wait is there a reason to come back now?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
You guys pick pretty awful times to message me on steam, but I am still down for nightmares or whatevs. Preferably karaoke nightmares.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Going through sidestories so I can get my forged seal to do Tokyo.

Also I had 6k bonus points or so, so I bought the CE DLC of course.

Unfortunately they finally "fixed" the clothing glitch that allowed you to wear certain pants with the dresses, so I can't use my Dark Symmetry shorts with black stockings with any of the dresses anymore. Gives me a reason to wear my new school girl outfit though.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

guppy posted:

I ran a dungeon in the first time in forever a few weeks ago and I was boiled dogshit performance-wise (and I used to be at least decent, far better than the average pubbie at the time). Pubbies who have kept up with builds will probably be much better than goons at this point.

Coming from FF14 TSW still runs like poo poo while looking far worse.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Well I made it to Tokyo. Seems my "kill stuff slow and never die" build isn't really cutting it though with this AEGIS thing.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
This aegis system is really screwing with my mojo. Maybe'e I'd adapt to this better if I had kept playing but I'm so lost now with builds I just don't know anything about. I've got like 760 bullion too. I don't even know how I got that much.

EDIT: People are reporting that the NY raid Whisper is hitting for piss. I'd be down for an easy raid.

Killsion fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 6, 2014

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Broand posted:

I'm experiencing a bug, when I select a character after the login screen, I get a loading screen as normal which fades out back into the login screen. There isn't any error messages or anything like that. Anyone got any ideas on why this is happening?

Pretty sure that used to happen if the zone was broken?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So I finished Tokyo, and got an AEGIS to 100%. Then I realized that to upgrade the QL of an AEGIS... you spend Sequins of Sunrise, obtained from running Tokyo mission. So much for getting the kimono and hakama...

Gotta admit though, as defeating as Tokyo is, I really would like to run some NMs and stuff again with you all.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Oh god, I'm turning into Platbeard on the official forums.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Rincewind posted:

Are there any new clothes with issue 9 (as rewards or purchases or whatever) besides the school uniform?

Tokyo merchants sell different colored kimonos and hakamas, but they cost sequins, which are better spent upgrading your AEGIS. Completing the first mission in 4:30 seems to award something, what I don't know. Also completing it in 4:30 seems utterly impossible. I can barely do it in 10. Also as always, complete the issue, get an ugly t-shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

orcane posted:

Templars have the best deck outfits though, which clearly matters more than a meme-spewing handler you talk to like a handful of times :colbert:

No but you have to get the required amount of tokens from just the one map/difficulty that's provided for free in that case.

I hate to say it but it's true. Templar deck outfits are the best.

• Locked thread