Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So I haven't played this since the beta, is it worth picking up now? I remember the combat being pretty lackluster, but the lore and story stuff being top notch? The OP does a nice job of getting me interested again, but I thought I'd ask this anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Quick FYI for folks on the fence like I am. Secret World is now half off on Steam for the daily deal. $15. Going to be pouncing on that when I get home I think.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

WarLocke posted:

There doesn't seem to be a reason to re-roll unless you really want to try a different faction or change your name/face.

I think the only things you can't change are your gender, faction, and name? There is a Doc in New York who will change your face/height and a Barber in London for your hair I believe.

Having a pretty fun time dicking about with my AR for now. Tinbeard on Grim in case the Illuminati Cabal is actually active.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So is it worth doing Polaris at all? Just about finished all the quests in the first zone, wondering if it's worth finding a group for this early on.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Cheers for the Polaris info. I'll try and get a blind group for it then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So I haven't played this since the beta for it, and I picked it up on Steam a while ago. Finally got around to installing it. Is there a clear choice for faction re:story/questing? I think I played as a Templar during the beta, but it was a long time ago.

• Locked thread