Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

That's because negative opinions get you dogpiled by posters and can get you banned for making the devs sad.

Edit: the testlive forums is where you can actually accomplish getting broken systems changed. Before they deleted my account id managed to get broken aggro fields fixed with an actual apology from the cinematics head when I proved him wrong.

Of course there's also blatantly wrong things like then saying GMs have the ability to reset guild rankings if they get reset which is incredibly easy to do. All you have to do is change cabal type and BOOM everyone is rank one again except you.

TSW forums are basically the beta version of the official Star Citizen community :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Tokyo continues the story and that part is good. You can ignore almost everything about issue 8 - buying the fake seal to get access to Tokyo is easy, so you never really have to do more than the one introductory scenario (and you can just do it on solo/easy and do it in the most :effort: way and lose most civilians)

Tokyo gameplay (mostly the AEGIS system) is bad and dumb. There are some ways to make it tolerable but you have to see for yourself if the story makes up for the increased shittyness of playing in Tokyo. It didn't for me, it does for other people.

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 2, 2016

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
One of my favourite features is the Vaseline filter one of the options adds. DoF always sucks but in this game it's just over the top bad.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I always liked the mission guides on unfair.co

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

The only thing stopping me from dipping back in is not having goons to talk to while playing. Unless things changed the pub base at large aren't my jam when it comes to people to interact with

If you're telling them you're Evil Bill Murray they will instantly remember your forum achievements and everyone will like and talk to you :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Well are you sure?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

Not completely but I have enough Funcom points I could get a name change and the world would never know

Oh right those, I wish there was something I could buy with them :(

They can't even be arsed to make shop clothes anymore.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kevin Bacon posted:

Is there any way for someone that pre-ordered this game way back in 2012 to get it on Steam now without paying anything?

Of course not :v:

You can't even get it cheaper if you had a grandmaster subscription, eg. if you want the outfit (I don't think there's anything else in there that's exclusive to the package) you gotta buy the whole thing.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Variable Haircut posted:

Didn't the Akab pet have bug that caused it to attack other players?

At least you can't be surprised, Hugh :D

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure these are synonyms nowadays :haw:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Gatekeeper is a cool idea. Too bad funcompetence ruins everything.

Just do healing or tanking gatekeeper :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
For what it's worth, they stopped making worthwhile anything for the shop. RNG loot boxes is where it's at.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
uh oh

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They're not gonna kill quest dispenser NPCs, or if they ever do, they're going to move the quest to someone else - even if they're putting some resources into refreshing TSW, it doesn't make sense to actively reduce the amount of content they already have (which would mean putting even more dev time towards the status quo instead of designing new shiny things and changing the stuff that's actually broken or in need of reworks).

What slightly worries me is "introduction of new retention systems" because in every MMO I've ever played "retention systems" was just the nice name for "more things to grind at a pace dictated by the devs", and I never played TSW thinking "this game needs MORE timed lockout mechanics and -currencies".

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's okay, the TSW community is terrible for other reasons.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

But that's the entire fun in the combat system. For example I got back at 10.4/4 with a couple .5's and my build had trouble holding aggro to the 10.9/5s and 11s so I slotted in a couple passives and was able to hold aggro just fine.

You have everything unlocked, though.

I agree that the wheel is a good thing - theoretically. Practically even after a bunch of revamps there's too much crap on it acting as traps to new and returning players. And even though the game is apparently being focused on again, I doubt Funcom of all developers has the resources to properly polish and balance the hundreds of skills.

Removing it isn't necessary, but pruning and rebalancing the skills' effects and costs would help.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
What is EVE's currency for $60 monocles called again?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Plat we get to wait for Tokyo all over again!

quote:

Secret World Legends will relaunch with the original eight adventure playfields, scenarios, and dungeons available immediately. In the time following the relaunch, we will release Tokyo, Nightmare Dungeons, Raids, and the rest of the content that is currently live in The Secret World.

But at least there are scenarios at launch :suicide:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Variable Haircut posted:

I hope it's a point and click adventure.

Would be an upgrade from text adventure?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Haha this is fun.

quote:

And people were grinding new gear and weapons of course to be ready for new, more difficult content. In fact in the light of the announcement that the game would get a major update people stocked up on a lot of things to be ready to jump in full swing.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
So you mean Plat never got one? :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I fear change too, not because I'm losing my rad loot, but because I know what Funcompetence has achieved with "change" in the past :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I mean, yeah it's beta and they're still experimenting with stuff. It might be okay in the end.

But realistically, even if we ignore Funcom being Funcom: Not realizing what a terrible idea this F2P phone game freemium design is and letting even a single iteration of it onto their beta server shows how clueless they really are :(

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
To be fair every single P2W game has ardent defenders arguing the game isn't P2W at all because what can you win? It's not like there's e-sports with actual prices so QED, you lose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah RPS comments and elsewhere has a lot of people going "neat, didn't like the combat, I'll try this revamp".

If they piss off the free players like they're bound to do with too much phone game freemium poo poo, that goes away fast and you'll have just TSW vets with grandmaster accounts left. The 83 whales are going to be playing classic TSW because of all their hard earned progression being reset in SWL :haw:

• Locked thread