Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worsted Weight
Oct 13, 2012

Fenrisulfr posted:

filled out one of the AR tracks and about 2/3 of the other, with a few points in the Blood tracks and I've got both my weapons and Major and Minor talisman skills to 2, Head is still at 1. My gear is all QL1 stuff from mob drops and quests, maybe a QL2 talisman or two, I don't remember. Nothing outstanding anyway.

This is also possibly part of it; talisman skills give small bonuses to defensive stats as you invest in them which can be surprisingly helpful (if only for the extra HP from Major Talismans (I think?) ) I found things went easier if I did my best to keep my talisman skills even with or slightly higher than my weapon skills, since once you're off Solomon SP picks up quite a bit. (Plus the obvious advantage of being able to wear better stuff.)

For gear, check what ratio of HP/attack/heal rating you've got on your talismans; for solo early PvE (I do not know the slightest thing about 'endgame') you pretty much only need one HP piece, and you should probably lean more towards attack rating than heal rating since killing things quickly is a little more helpful this early.

Also (as far as I know) leech builds don't handle multiple enemies very well early on, so having someone to buddy with is a huge help. (I second the advice about getting goons to run you through things. It will help.)

Not being able to handle more than two enemies is pretty much how it is going to be most of the game, though (unless you are a tank, but it will take forever). You need to be mindful of your surroundings pretty much all the time.

e:f;b on most of that, but oh well :v: It would be nice if someone could clarify re: talisman skills though, I've neglected my one remaining undergeared alt.

Worsted Weight fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worsted Weight
Oct 13, 2012
On the Samael thing (no issue 7 spoilers):

The voice from the Orochi computer in Blue Mountain/Egypt is labelled 'Samael' in the dialogue strings (from the now-erased RDB thread on the official forums). From what he says then I got the feeling that maybe Lilith was slipping the operations there instructions without telling him about it, since in either the Egypt sidequests or the main quest it's mentioned that Orochi were explicitly told not to take Hemitneter's song (and then they did anyway). That plus the Breach dialogue makes me wonder - maybe all those Orochi catastrophes are due to Lilith giving covert orders?

Also sorry for this post being 90% spoiler bars but (issue 7 spoilers)there's supposed to be a vampire in the Hatchet Falls facility, right? I've been through in under 5 minutes and he hasn't appeared, so clearly I'm missing a trigger, but I'm not sure what.

Worsted Weight
Oct 13, 2012

Nombres posted:

Sorry to make the whole response in spoilers but whelp:

The vampire they're talking about, I believe, is at the very end of the facility, in a room that's just in front of the computer you use to finish the Hatchet Falls part of the quest. He's totally optional, and I don't think you have to fight him. Basically, the achievement means that you finish Hatchet Falls and kill the vampire within five minutes, not just kill the vampire.

Zephonith posted:

To get that achievement, you can't trip any of the alarms within the Hatchet Falls facility, as well as going in under 5 minutes. I tried it with Hugh and Cheston the other day, only for Hugh to blunder face first into a laser 10 seconds after we entered.

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure I didn't trip any alarms, so maybe I wasn't fast enough getting there. (Or maybe it counts loading screen time, in which case welp that's another achievement I am never getting.) Thanks for the help, I'll just try again when the cooldown runs out.

Worsted Weight
Oct 13, 2012

Citizen Kane 13 posted:

^^^^^

That's the one with the drat letters for the teddybear? I can think of two points where it'll do that. The honeycomb and the hallway. Hallway's easy if you inch up as close as you can and cartwheel. gently caress the honeycomb, though. Fall off and more likely than not it'll decide to progress anyways.

At least if you fall off the honeycombs you can relog before doing anything else and you'll be able to do that part again (better than waiting on cooldown but it still takes forever). I'm reasonably sure it still counts that way but I haven't tried since last patch.

Also for the other one, it helps to remember that [backspace] toggles walking. Now if only it was easier to see.

Worsted Weight
Oct 13, 2012

Zephonith posted:

Edit: oh yeah, and the Test server is subscriber-only now.

Wait, what? When'd that happen? :ohdear:

• Locked thread