Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012
Howdy, I just picked this up and have been playing for a few hours. I'm trying a leeching AR/Blood build, which has been okay so far, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if I should be having as much trouble as I am. I've done about 2 dozen missions, filled out one of the AR tracks and about 2/3 of the other, with a few points in the Blood tracks and I've got both my weapons and Major and Minor talisman skills to 2, Head is still at 1. My gear is all QL1 stuff from mob drops and quests, maybe a QL2 talisman or two, I don't remember. Nothing outstanding anyway.

I was doing okay but now I'm getting missions that are sending me against the draugr and other mobs with 1500-2500 hp, and unless I'm really careful I'm getting slaughtered. My 50 damage or so with Anima Shot isn't keeping up with the incoming damage and my 37-point Blood Barrier doesn't really help either. I can manage fine one-on-one, but if I ever pull two it gets hairy and three is pretty much a death sentence. Is this normal for where I am in the game, and what can I do to improve? Also, what are some ways of getting decent gear early on? I read that graveyard mission gets you a QL2 weapon at the end of it, but the sniper guy destroys me in seconds, so that hasn't really been an option yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks for the advice everyone. Like I said I'm not really a big MMO player, so I wasn't sure if my experience so far meant I sucked or not (I do, but at least part of it is the difficulty of the game). Since I've picked up Slow the Advance and Three Round Burst things have been better, and now I know that when I see a large group of guys all packed together, it doesn't mean the game expects me to be able to handle them all, it means the designers were assholes.

A few more hours of playing and I'm doing a bit better. I've swapped out Blood for Elemental for now, since I basically wasn't using my Blood stuff at all and the Elemental stuff has helped bring my single-target damage up. gently caress that zombie hulk mission on Priest Island, though. I think I've died more times trying to do that one than all my other (non self-inflicted) deaths combined. Normal difficulty my pasty white rear end.

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012

Killsion posted:

Are you running in circles strafing around the enemy and avoiding standing in the poo poo? Because you should be.

Yeah, I'm terrible but not that terrible. But while I'm dancing around a hulk I'll stumble through a group of the weaker guys or aggro one of the muck-spewing guys (or another wandering hulk) and then my HP just drops like a rock. Dudes are really closely packed on that island, and they all move either as fast or faster than I do, so I haven't been able to run and live after getting too much aggro.

• Locked thread