Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Don't do it. Wait for Complete.

Goddamn it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Yup.

If you buy Ultimate, wait for a Steam Sale and buy the other three issues' Collector's Editions (NOT Sleuth's Gallery) at 5 bucks each. At least you'd get a free teleport and some cool pets.

Funcom basically never puts the points on sale.

Do those actually go on sale during the big sale events? Because that's not so bad. Would've saved a bit of money but that's alright considering how much I like the game.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
We've seen this before with Anarchy Online and Age of Conan. The moment they start doing better, they'll invest back in you guys. TSW isn't dying anytime soon.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Like Age of Conan's free2play transition, I think they're mishandling how they treat older players. Disappointing. Give us premium accounts. Not just "we'll give you back the cosmetics you bought on the store".

I like the change from MMO to "MMO-lite" that they're doing though.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

novaSphere posted:

They did say they're giving bonuses to people who bought the game or its bundles if they want to transfer to Legends. So it's not like veteran players are getting nothing, unlike how AoC was

Not only did Age of Conan players get nothing, they revoked access for the people who bought the $40 expansion but didn't want to pay for the optional membership.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Does TSW use an enhanced Age of Conan engine? It certainly looks and feels like it. Assuming Funcom's unannounced Conan game is a successor to Age of Conan, a proper MMO, I could see it being UE4-based like Exiles but as of right now, they don't have the "framework" to support more than 40 players, let alone hundreds or thousands.

UE4-based Secret World would be nice, but it's a pipe dream for right now.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but it reads like the old game is dead and the new version is the only one that will get updated moving forwards?

So if I want to experience new content I'll have to run through the game and grind out all the gear I need again to see new stories?

Yes... But it might be so different that you won't mind it. Your old progression might not make sense anymore.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

quote:

The other welcome piece of news is that everyone who owns The Secret World currently will be granted free unlocks of all the basic weapons in the game. That means it won't matter which combination you prefer to play with, or if you like to switch them up; they will be available to use and gain abilities in from the get go

What is this stupid poo poo? I hope this is just a clarification because this will suck for new players.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Dreadwroth posted:

Just got in, holy poo poo this downloader is crap.
Guess I'll give it a serious go after work, I don't have high hopes if the beta forum is anything to go by yeesh.

I'm really hoping they make the Steam client standalone because their launcher/patcher thing is rear end. Not as bad as the FFXIV one but it's definitely up there.

• Locked thread