Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Len posted:

Would anyone be opposed to reforming the illuminati cabal? We have almost 500 people in it and there's only about a dozen that actually do things.

I would just wait until after the next issue drops as that will be when you'd see the most activity so I think cat hearding would be easier then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
I think we should see if we could get away with stealing popular company names for the lumi cabal.

Microsoft.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

My least favorite part of the game is the City of the Sun God, which is the second part of Egypt. The storyline is interesting, but the environment just feels horrible. It's a giant 3d maze of valleys and ledges and navigating it for the first couple of times is obnoxious.

All the other zones are pretty good though.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

People who bought the boots got a refund before they even had to ask, which is kind of nice.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

I've been waiting for that orochi armor for awhile now, the spelunking outfit is getting old.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Here: E5FFKENXQNZBNZ7VN9ES

Or for whoever wants it since I'm slow.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

guppy posted:

Sweet. Any word on when it goes live?

While everyone is out of the office for the long forth of july weekend.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Reverend Dr posted:

If they're smart, they'll add that to the cash shop. And let you wear it with the horsemask.

I would spend points on that.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

In good fashion, I'm completing the associated missions and getting cooldowns - but not actual kill credit for the achievement.

:ohdear:

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

GEMorris posted:

Don't worry, all of funcom NA will likely be on vacation for the entire event, so nothing will get fixed.

Wish I could get on before tomorrow, oh well.

Why do they always do events like this during vacation periods, I really don't get it.

Well, I mean, I do - they want people to play. But c'mon now.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Not So Fast posted:

The spawn points are Scrapyard for Kingsmouth, the west coast for SC, and the Abandoned Factory for BM. Only Solomon Isle (and Fusang, so I've heard) bosses are active right now.

And I'm pretty sure the people that say they downed fusang at the moment are lying.

Generally because they're the same people that said it was perfectly fine and totally not hard at all.

edit:

quote:

Hey Guys,

Given the issues with Fusang right now, and the fact that some players can't enter it, we will be removing Kaspu Nasiru from the Achievement "The Bigger They Are". The golem himself will remain and his current reward list will remain unchanged.

On Monday, we will also be giving out a special reward to all players that have completed this achievement by killing the other 8 golems.

Furthermore all the anniversary related lore will be lingering for a few extra weeks after the event ends. This should give everybody a chance to complete the achievement "Written in Stone".

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

the panacea posted:

So I recently reinstalled this for the anniversary. Can someone bring me up to speed on the silver and gold coins in the item store? I'm a "grandmaster" and got some bonus points to spend, but what's the silver coin stuff?

The silver coins are your pool of veteran reward points, there's stuff you can buy with it.

Nothing really good but eventually who knows.

Gold coins are your funcom bux, you can use those to buy things and as a grandmaster you get a monthly stipend. You can use that to buy issues and pretty princess dressup stuff.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Some of the outfits or items are gender specific, otherwise I don't know.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Joel logged in to help shoot guardians, not going to bother rehosting someones pictures so linked the thread.

And early access for the next issue for grandmasters and stuff starts the 8th so everyone else has to wait until mid week or so.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Are the transylvania guardians up yet?

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

So far I've spent issue 7 murdering children.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

So later on during issue 7 you'll come across something unexpected: Orochi Nanny Drones.

This issue is pretty neat.

edit: "I AM NOT MAD, I AM NOT MAD"

Marx fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 9, 2013

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

I'm not sure if its a video settings thing or what but all of these 'attractive women' in TSW that are full of themselves because of their beauty all kind of look like that disney witch with bright red lips.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marx fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jul 10, 2013

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Len posted:

Sov-Tech is worth money? I've been sitting on a couple completed blueprints for months.

Hasn't it always been? I've been able to move it whenever I got it for a solid chunk.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

I don't know who you two super-spergs are in game and it's probably better that way.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Len posted:

Why do pubbies stand by only London needs a bank/AH? I don't understand. Even the role players think it makes perfect sense for Illuminati and Dragon to do all their banking on the Templar doorstep.

Because then they wouldn't have an audience to watch them RP walk and emote anymore.

"Hey guys, lets meet at our super secret meeting place to hang out: Ealdwych Market"

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Cheston posted:

Someday the tattoo shop will finally open, and Seoul will have A Thing.

(Does Seoul still have that one vendor that sells the hippie shades?)

Hey man, lose that false hope - NY has the plastic surgeon AND the raid and it's still dead.

I really like Seoul the best though :ohdear:

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

So while leveling an alt I came across a group of people pretending to be students at the Innsmouth Academy.

This is why Arcadia is the best server. :colbert:

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

I like the Venetian masks. Only problem is that, dependent on the viewing angle, most of it can vanish making it look like my dude has feathers sprouting from his forehead.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

So yeah, about those golems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJnSNP2gibk

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

So I'm noticing that I'm getting my sprint knocked off by damage way more than I used to, was something changed or is it just crappy luck?

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Silver is veteran currency, you're given 10 per month subscribed. The gold is funcom funny money which you can purchase outright or rely on a monthly stipend if subscribed.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

quote:

Adjusted the experience awarded to groups, depending on group size (awards are unchanged for solo play and for groups of five).

Good night, sweet prince.

1.8 is out, but issue 8 isn't live yet

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

I'm getting a real kick out of the Samhain missions, but I'm a lore nerd so your experiences may differ.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

I can't wait to have those wrestling boots :ohdear:. 1.8 is rounding out to sound pretty interesting, I just hope that the scenarios are well thought out and not just a tedious grind for another currency to buy stuff with.

We'll see I guess.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

5 hour downtime tomorrow, does that mean issue 8 will go live? Who knows, Funcom probably doesn't.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Yeah, there are plenty of people that play. Getting a goon group may be difficult at times depending on time zone, there's still tons of other people around to get stuff done.

quote:

Any big changes with the update?

Deadly aim and stuff have a 90 second debuff so having DA/BS up through most fights is a thing of the past. They nerfed raid XP so you don't get much out of quarry raiding anymore. They changed the public cooldown icon to allow for display of scenario cooldowns. Rubberbanding still happens but not as much.

big list of stuff

Issue 8 isn't live yet, this past downtime was mostly just server maintenance stuff supposedly. Probably fixing some of the borked holiday stuff.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Cleretic posted:

This is getting stupid. The update is there, ostensibly done, and yet we aren't getting it.

I think they want to roll out the next phase of the agartha-filth storyline before release.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

I haven't really touched this since launch, and while I enjoyed it other things came up. How has it come along since then? Is there a lot of people still playing?

Since then there have been a number of content releases, most of which are pretty interesting though some have their flaws. Some launch bugs are still there, some new ones have replaced the ones that were fixed and the playerbase is solid though there is an increase in volume during issue releases.

Issue 8 should be out next week, hopefully the scenarios won't be awful by then.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

So if I'm kitted out in 10.4/10.5 stuff with purple and blue signets, do I need to do anything scenario-wise other than do the 4 or whatever to get signed off?

Because right now it seems like the only way to win is not to play.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

novaSphere posted:

edit: do this at your own risk, they'll probably be watching for this since news has been spreading about it.

Eh, look at how long lair dynamite was a thing. I haven't heard of any real punitive actions against people who exploit, which kind of encourages it really.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

So some of these nightmare solo events are difficult to platinum even with a full group.

If you manage, you get a mask that makes you look like this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Cheston posted:

This is not true. Since I'm apparently the only person who's actually tried Nightmare Solo... solo, having more than one person in Nightmare Solo mode completely messes up the scaling. With two people, there were twice as many mobs. I expect it gets more and more exaggerated.

It wasn't even that, the mob amounts were quite manageable. There was an element of luck when it comes to enemy AoE attacks and getting to their location in time. In the instance where we lost us a survivor we had been running from one side of the map to the other. And by running I mean not sprinting without any runspeed buffs in sight.

Getting NM solo platinum is totally going to require the stars to align in your favor unless things get changed.

Len posted:

Think of it this way, instead of us grinding failure after failure until we platinum it and never do it again we skipped right to the platinum so I never have to do it again.

Basically this, the drops suck and the oreo rewards do too.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

quote:

Sighing Forest Spirits no longer count towards the Fata Padurii kill count

You poor, poor bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

So scenarios in groups is pretty alright, solo is godawful.

• Locked thread