Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I might as well wait for the relaunch before returning. At least that will give me time to consider what faction I want to be.

Illuminati I didn't like the overall feeling, as much as I liked Geary. I'm not really fond of the corporate culture and that they yell at me for helping people.

Templars I have no experience with, but I heard they're a little boring? They do have the coolest looking outfits though.

Dragon's schtick doesn't interest me, but I heard they get very interesting later on?

I'm leaning at on picking Templar for the reboot, and I hope that's not a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

I'm getting more excited for this relaunch with every bit of info I hear about it.

Except for that investigation mission news. I hope it's just making info more accessible in-game and not, you know, dumbing them down. Investigation missions are basically one of the most unique things about TSW, and it feels rewarding going through them.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

drat you monkey's paw.

A good sounding combat revamp of a game I really like playing, along with making it less like an MMO

But then a bunch of unnecessary monetization changes, and terrible rear end lootboxes in a game without particularly interesting loot.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Morglon posted:

Yeah I'm not gonna deny that Star Wars had some really lovely stuff in it but not even they restricted the amount of loot you could get in one day with the option to potentially pay real money to get more which is one of the shittiest things a game can do.They did restrict your ability to dungeon run and raid but you could still do daily quests and just outright buy the gear with the marks which I was perfectly fine with since the dungeons and raids were kind of crap anyway. From what I'm reading here I'll be pretty much forced to do dungeons to even upgrade my gear because no random drops because gently caress you that's why.

Wait, are you still going to get quest reward items or are those gone too?

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

It sounds as if they're taking all the emphasis off the cool, unique stuff the Secret World has, and focusing on what I would consider the cruft that literally every MMO has.

I'm half tempted to just not bother with the reboot, but I don't want to play vanilla TSW after Legends launch (if that's still possible) because it'll be more empty than it already is.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

DancingShade posted:

A lot of that unique stuff was not appealing to the general population. It didn't retain players before so they're trying something different.

It might work, it might not. But leaving things as they were was stagnation and eventual closure.

Yeah, I know. I felt like venting a little.

TSW had some issues that I couldn't overlook, which is why it always lost my attention after a while. I never did make it through Transylvania. But I did always feel like this was one game where the point of it wasn't really the loot grind, which I was glad because the loot system was REALLY boring. I'm probably wrong about that, since I never did make it to the endgame stuff.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

They're already going with loot boxes. Why not take it one step further and make the game gacha?

One guaranteed *** rare in every box!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

I don't think people are bitching because Funcom is trying to fix the game. That's a bit disingenuous.

Like, I was really excited when I first heard about the relaunch, but a lot of the "fixes" evaporated that enthusiasm, by both the revamp being kind of lazy, and the freemium model originally being weirdly punishing. I am not exactly sure what would be the draw for any new players to be brought in, aside from the story which was always there.

Emberfox fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 27, 2017

• Locked thread