Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.
I started doing these really small drawings because I was imagining a video game I wanted to make while I was daydreaming at a stupid meeting at work, and I only had a tiny pad, so I just started drawing these weird little things. I've always liked to draw small, but with these I wanted to draw as small as I could so I would actually have a physical limit to the amount of detail I could put in, otherwise I obsess about it and never finish it. So, Most of my drawings are about 4"x4" give or take an inch in either direction - about the size of a lighter. Anyways, I don't really have any clear direction with this stuff other than a weirdo little sci-fi/fantasy theme in my head, but I'd love to hear what ya'll think. I haven't really showed them to anybody yet, other than my little Tumblr.

Anyways, I have more, I just don't wanna flood this poo poo up.
Oh, I use a .3 GRAPH 1000 that I just sharpen the poo poo out of on a another piece of paper, and I don't use a ruler - I found rulers just smudge it all to hell, so it's all freehand.

ursa_minor fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

eggyolk posted:

I really dig these. Any particular reason for doing the exploded structures? These seem like a perfect entry for a small works show. Lots of potential for development in the idea. Maybe experiment with different formats of paper.

Thanks! Eh, it's kind of dumb and super videogamey, but I imagined the "magic hotdogs" and various spheres to sort of be disassembling the houses, feeling every part of them, and learning. Like, whatever that stuff is, it's grasping around and exploring. They aren't blowing up like, dynamite style, just expanding apart, like how soap breaks the surface tension of water. Hey man, you asked, haha.

I have more here: http://ianlunabelyea.tumblr.com/