Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I made a painting of my hand the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I painted this little monster yesterday:

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

I've been working on some portraits of people eating sour candy. Trying something new.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Does bookbinding count as a traditional art? I've been making my own sketchbooks since the quarantine started and getting back in touch with my love of book making. Here are a couple I made over the past few days:

Been really intrigued by stab binding lately. Finished up this one this afternoon using the same cover paper as one of the above. I've never seen a stab bound book with a spine covering, so I figured I'd give it a shot:

I think it turned out pretty good!

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks! Books are a super chill thing to make and I love making them.

Two more finished pressing yesterday:

Wanted to see how thicc I could make the blue one.

Edit: Edges got a little banged up because I dropped them right after taking them out of the press. Oh Well.

Chip McFuck fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 20, 2020

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

New book finished pressing today! Decided to try accordion binding by making a double-leaved album. Accidentally applied glue to the wrong surface when attaching the covers which crinkled the end pages, but otherwise it turned out great!

Going to use this one for a short comic idea.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Finished pressing this flutter book and another accordion book today:

What's neat about flutter binding is that the spine isn't actually bound to anything so the pages can be spread out, like this:

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

I've been painting a series of small portraits of people whom I follow on Youtube. I'd randomly pause one of their videos and paint whatever the result was. Each one is painted with acrylics on chipboard and the painted area measures two inches by two inches. Been having a lot of fun with these!

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

I bought some wooden orbs to experiment with and painted this burger on one. I call it "The Borb":

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

How does it taste

Like victory.

silicone thrills posted:

that must have been such a challenge to paint and not like smudge while holding it.

I really like it. Have you give any thought to how youll display it or future ones?

Thanks! Haven't really thought about how to display them, but your question has got me thinking of maybe making a small little cardboard burger box or tinfoil wrapper. I'll experiment with those and see how I like them.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Made another one. I call it the "Filet O'rb Fish":

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

I guess this is a series now. Had fun with this one:

Ever see a sandwich that can take a bite outta you?

Based off of:

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

No plans for any specific burgers/sandwiches, just whatever catches my inspiration.

Sab669 posted:

^You mean the Broodwich?

Its funny you say that, as this is the one I made next:

Based off this for those who don't know:

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

I like it a lot! The texture on the coat is especially nice, was that achieved by layering pen and guache or was that made with a different technique?

Here's a little painting I made on a playing card:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Just finished this one today:

The Baby You Can Chive My Orb Burger