Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

perceptron
Aug 8, 2007

I'm just spinning my wheels at the moment but heres a late one. Lots of masking tape and slow construction.

Is this a completely dead image or is there something interesting? Ive been losing out on a lot of competitions and opportunities recently but i've spent so long staring at stuff I'm completely lost as to how to judge it, does anyone else have this problem?

http://imgur.com/zSg4a4P

Edit: still loving up img tags every time i give up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perceptron
Aug 8, 2007

petrol blue posted:

I'm finding it really hard to parse - is it an oil rig? The palette is good, but otherwise I'm not too keen on it.

It's an old style ore bridge, its supposed to appear kindof alien thats why the scale is so distorted. I was going for a kindof poison arrow frog colour effect, high contrast warning sign type thing.

Thanks for the feedback, i should do this more often

perceptron
Aug 8, 2007

smallmouth posted:

I think it's a cityscape. I like it--there's a lot to look at. Although I think the staircase structure really dominates it. The only thing I could suggest is maybe putting some red lights in among the city lights to get the eye to move away from the structure some. The couple chem trails you have moving out help some, but they're too much like the rest of the palette to do the work by themselves. Also the edges have a bit of a seam where the brushstrokes break down. I assume that's where it's been stretched over a frame?

Yeah I get kindof locked into a colour palette then get scared of going 'out' of it for fear of it becoming more gross and overly vivid - as if they aren't already. Yeah thats a home made stretcher and i still need to learn how to mitre (?) the edges of the inside down so thats where that line comes from, I'm also extraordinarily impatient with drying primer which makes it even worse.

Thanks for the help though I'll try to repay the favour.