Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

nm

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I've been really trying to focus on life drawing the past couple months. Trying to go to two sessions a week, although it doesn't always work out.

I think these were 20-30 minute poses. Been experimenting with different media than I'm used to, which is fun. These are Conté ŕ Paris on 18x24 paper.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

zaepg posted:

These are pretty cool, makes me want to pick up conte and charcoal again. Second one is my favorite!

Thanks so much, I appreciate it! I've been getting a bit discouraged lately, so it's nice to get some positive feedback.

There was another session where we had two models, which was fun. It seemed to come out a bit different because I had to work so fast to render two figures and I was also using the conte on newsprint, which was much more smooth.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Carotid posted:

Practicing some negative space painting, definitely some room for improvement:

Very nice, I like your composition and colors. Is it watercolor?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

nm

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 17, 2018

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Really enjoying using just pencils and paper lately.

Some sketchbook portraits

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

sigma 6 posted:

These are amazing!

Thank you! I'm trying to draw more consistently, although it's not always a successful battle.
Sometimes it's just a sketch/doodle for the day, but it's something I guess.

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 9, 2020

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 13, 2020

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Yeah that is pretty cool!

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Dec 3, 2021

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Yeah, oil is super fun and probably my fav painting medium. That said, I haven't done too many but would like to do more. I had started painting in a studio at a local place with a group of people, but then covid hit and I don't have the area to really paint in my house. At least I got two paintings done out of it. One of these days I'll pick it back up.

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 4, 2022

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Mustang posted:

Painted a pear today. next weekend in class I'm going to learn how to paint a glaze over it.

That's a nice pear! Nice brush strokes in the pear, as well. Is it oils on paper?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Mustang posted:

Thank you! Yeah it's oils on canvas, but from a canvas pad.

I cannot believe how much fun I'm having with oil painting, wish I had been exposed to it at a younger age.

I've gone through a whole pad of canvas and a whole tube of white paint in the last week, mostly just painting different color variations of the river landscape I posted earlier.

Ahh okay! Yeah oil painting is super fun, lots of people are intimidated or scared of it, but they really shouldn't be.

I've juust starting playing around with oils again too, after taking a break. I stopped painting because of Covid in 2020 when the studio I was going to closed (along with everything else). Now I'm just messing around with it in my house, using oils on paper and painting over sketches that have been brushed over with this stuff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Mustang posted:

Painted some candles.

Your values on this is spot on!