Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Since materials questions are okay, just got the supplies list for three art classes I've signed up for through my university's crafts center. It's been years since I've arted any, so while the list looks fine I just wanted to know if there are any holes, and any suggested brands and such. For the record, I'm doing one class for 6 weeks then last 2 for 6 weeks after that. They're only one day a week, so hopefully it's not too much :v:

e: Oh, and any good books that would most likely be at my library (it's huge) would be great to work on brushing up on the basics.

First up I have a portrait class. I already had gotten this as a gift a while ago, and have hardly used it:

http://www.amazon.com/Derwent-Sketc...ing+drawing+set

Plus a sketching pad of decent size. They suggest the following:

Then after that I have an acrylic class. It's their second one, since I did mostly acrylic in high school:

And a portraits in watercolor class:

Since that's a lot of stuff, as a thank you have a bass fake tattoo I did for my roommate on 2 hours of sleep for the past 2 days. He was going to a 'white trash' party and asked for suggestions, I thought a bass fish would fit well:

I just used a soft pencil to draw outline, inked it with sharpie and filled in the rest. And of course signed it.

Karl Sharks fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU