Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rather Tonic
Apr 28, 2008
Here are some small drawings I did as a trade. They are trading card size, 2.5" x 3.5". Graphite and marker, on bristol board.

Also, Seneschal, your painting is gorgeous! I agree, the color pallet is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rather Tonic
Apr 28, 2008
Work in progress!

This is my first oil painting in years. It's pretty garish, like it belongs in a Lisa Frank headshop, but I'm having a lot of fun. 28 x 28".

Rather Tonic
Apr 28, 2008
Thank you guys for the comments, it's really encouraging!

Angrymog posted:

Went to a drawing event where we got to wander around a Lightship that's been converted into an arts and community event centre.

That sounds amazingly fun! Also, I really like your drawing of the diving helmet, especially the greens you're using in those shadows.

Rather Tonic
Apr 28, 2008

mudskipp posted:

How did you choose your palette?

The 'Lisa Frank colors' is thing I just naturally gravitate towards. My aim was to cover up an old painting I didn't like, and tackled it basically with the aim of "make the light look neat". I did a lot of playing with warm and cool colors, just experimenting using them in different combinations to push things backward and forward in space. Btw, I think your work with those individual leaves in your painting really paid off, they look beautifully translucent.

I did this guy in the last couple of weeks, 12 x 12:

My daruma doll relaxing angrily in a pot of nasturtiums. If you guys see something that you think is wonky, post it! I'm definitely up for critique.

Rather Tonic fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 29, 2019