Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008

A flower :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

What are the dimensions of that? It looks pretty small and I'm always really, really impressed with people that can paint tiny.

It's a 5"X5" canvas, done in oil.

Here's another one, 4"X4"

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008

Haven't posted on here for awhile. :P Here's an ink and watercolor fairy.

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008

Bubbacub posted:

Looks fantastic! Do you ink before or after the watercoloring?

Thanks. Definitely before adding the watercolor.

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008

Bubbacub posted:

What kind of ink and pen do you use? Whenever I draw with india ink through a crowquill pen, it ends up running when I apply watercolor.

I've kinda been switching between a few brands. My favorite so far has been the Liquitex acrylic ink, in either black or burnt umber. For this one I was lazy and just used a black .005 copic pen. All are waterproof so they really shouldn't run or anything. Also I pretty much just use a crow quill for most everything.

Here's another one that I used the burnt umber ink/watercolor on - Bluebeard!

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008

Zoben posted:

Okay, durr, trying again

That's really badass ink work.

Autechresaint posted:

Again, loving the Rackham influence. Really neat work! Do you have a website?

Thanks! I love Rackham and Dulac, so so much.

Yep, I have a Behance - https://www.behance.net/shelbyboswell

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008
Just finished with my copy of Alphonse Mucha's Printemps/Spring, 1900. Acrylic, Acrylic Ink & Oil. 14"X18"

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008

sigma 6 posted:

That is gorgeous. Can you give us a little idea of your workflow? I rarely hear someone use BOTH acrylic and oil. I assume the ink was the last step.

Thank you. Generally I just start with the acrylic ink for most of the line work, and then start painting with acrylic. From there it's a little back and forth between the two. Oil is the last step as it's not really good to put anything that is water-based on top of the oil, and then I just redefine any of the ink lines that were lost with oil as well.

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008
Couple of new things, we're getting closer to October so this year I wanted to do some Halloween themed stuff. Here's a zombie and a screaming skull so far. Trying to improve my ink technique.

Galileo Fingers fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 25, 2015

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008
Just finished my ink drawing of Kylo Ren. Some of the highlights were added in photoshop, but its like 99% traditional, so I hope this is the place for it.

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008

Freak Magnet posted:

Erm... I draw practically everything out in a 4h pencil as lightly as I can, then go over it using a set of unipin / pigma micron pens. Erasing the pencil bits as I go. I'm still learning the basics at the moment, so I'm still trying to figure out the best methods. :-)

I love the ornamental element in your work! What kind of paper do you find yourself using? I keep going between watercolor paper and bristol for my ink drawings.

Here's my ink drawing of Rey in her scavenger outfit. Probably going to do the coloring in photoshop to finish it off though.

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008
Been working on this one for awhile. 'The Whispering in the Trees', 7" X 9" Pen and ink.

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Watercolour.

Love how delicately you handled the wrinkles in the face. I always have so much trouble with them.

Edit: Here's another drawing of a hoverfly. I've kind of been blowing up this thread, I'm trying to be more productive lately.

Galileo Fingers fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008
Decided to change it up a little bit and do some painting again! This is my reproduction of Alphonse Mucha's 'Zodiac', 1896.

Bonus process gif, I've been trying to be better about recording it lately. (Edit, I'm dumb and can't post gifs apparently, so here's a link)

http://imgur.com/gallery/EFfPq

Galileo Fingers fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 16, 2016