Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Ah yeah, I am in Europe but I found a vendor with reasonable shipping costs. For some weird reason I cannot find that ink locally and after looking into it some more, it is really very different from india ink.

In other news, the kuratake sable brush pen can be found in abundance as `sumi brush pen` instead of as `kuratake 30 brush pen` which is the name. Grab one of those if you like brush pens, it has sable hairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Ravenicus posted:

Thank you!

Here's an inkbrush piece I did for a friend on some big watercolor paper, that was glued to a foam board.

Very nice, lots of skill and a distinct style. How long would you say you work on a piece like that?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Booyah- posted:

This may be a stupid question and the answer is just "go to the local art supply store" but does anyone have good resources for getting quality drawing paper in index card size? I like keeping around 3 by 5 index cards for doodling but the typical ones are very cheap paper

Short of cutting larger paper with a scissors I can't think of a good cheap option

It is also a bit dependent on your location on the globe. More local paper is more affordable so before I go and suggest some fine French or Italian papers, where you at?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

deep dish peat moss posted:

and here's a review where someone went through each of them and wrote up their thoughts with example photos of how different drawing utensils looked on them.
https://www.parkablogs.com/content/testing-11-paper-samples-legion-paper
Teoh never fails to deliver

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Double dipping this from the journalling thread but I made the stupid imgur links and it is trad art :-)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Lhet posted:

Beginning painting in oil for a while, and getting a bit into gouache so I can have something to take camping/hiking. I've noticed that the white is very hard to keep close to white, once I've pulled off a bit with a not perfectly clean brush it seems to be impossible to pull any light shades. I've been using zinc, would this be less of an issue with titanium or should I be using a dedicated white brush, palette area, and water for white? (wouldn't be too thrilled with the latter if I'm planning on having this as an easy ultraportable setup)

You might want to consider watercolors when on the road. But that is just you know, my opinion, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Here is some stuff I did recently.

So now I have all these loose leaf things lying around. Normally I work in sketchbooks and those are stored nicely but what the hell to do with all those leafs? How do other dirty hand goons do this?