Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Shears
Jul 9, 2009

I cut Paul's hair.

Bubbacub posted:

I was feeling pretty good about my figure drawing until the next session, where instead of a lean, bony, sinewy man, we had a 26 year old burlesque dancer modeling. I struggled with this for the whole session, I feel lost if I can't cue my proportions off of protruding ribs. :saddowns:

I have difficulties with sitting poses like this and tend to fail horribly. It's really tricky trying to keep them from looking "slouchy."

One thing that I find really useful is using box forms. With the box form you can tilt the top of the chest box back (the natural position). Following this tilt, the bottom end juts forward, which then allows you to really feel the bottom corners of the ribcage. I hope that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU