Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey I can actually participate in this thread, I just got back into finishing my degree. First piece of the year, and I really like it.
Plaster cast of my hand, red thread, and an old picture frame.

"Hand in Red"

Yeah I know I suck at names.
EDIT: Man my phone camera is crap, its actually a bit darker than it appears in the picture.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
/\/\/\Nice painting, I could never do a watercolor that was anything but totally absract./\/\
I think it took a couple of days total for the plaster to dry, the rest took a few minutes since I used an entire spool of thread to keep it in place. The next project is gonna take a lot longer, I have to construct a piece of wearable art to be entered in a local worn art fashion show thing. I have a wicker basket, lots of rope, a pile of tshirts, duct tape, and a canvas dropcloth. I think this is gonna be pretty cool, pics to come.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ok so I made a collage of all the crap I've done for class this year so far. Here's a linky to the album, sorry but it's imugr.
(click for huge)

(click for album)
http://dreadwroth.imgur.com/

EDIT: Bonus class collaboration post:

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 17, 2013

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wow this thread is moving really slow, I hope I didn't kill it!
Hey so the deadline for the brooklyn Art Library's awesome "Sketchbook Project" is coming up soon if any of you art folks want to participate. They also have some other cool stuff to join in on too, check it out!
http://www.sketchbookproject.com/

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Those are really good, you planning on trying to sell them?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3468091
We actually have a thread about that very thing!

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Got back into the swing of things, working on a brand new painting.
"The One Who Feeds" wip

Posting from Awful app, let me know if that breaks tables.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That is a pretty awesome illustration there, as for the painting well you could say things are progressing.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sketch thing to get back into practice since it's been a long time since I drew anything. Feels good man.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
More work on the paintings.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
New poo poo yo.

Second one is a work in progress but should have a similar paint job to the first one. Both are spoken for already lol.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's been a crazy year or so, after moving from Alaska to Florida to where I'm at in Buffalo NY. I finally got some time to work on art, even though my supplies are scattered between two different states and getting all my crap here is going to be a pretty huge undertaking.
I have rediscovered how awesome pastels are to work with, and a bonus is you look really crazy while using em if you get into it like I do.

I think there might be some kind of theme here.

PS: Butt hehe.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 24, 2016

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm curious what you guys thought of the pastel pieces I posted earlier in the thread. They're going to eventually be bigger pieces on galvanized steel sheets done with acrylic or enamel paint and be around 3 by 4 foot panels.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey thanks for the useful critique, I don't know why but the green one turned out the best. I'm planning on using them as references for larger pieces.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Goddamn Vladimir, that pen piece is amazing.
Here's my first painting since ramblin' back down to ol' methed-out Florida.

I don't know if I need to add anything more, I'm thinking it might work as part of a floating panel in front of a larger section.
EDIT: Excuse the crap cellphone pic, the colors are more intense in person. There's even some red and blue in the lower right corner, I swear!
PS: It's water-based oils on stretched canvass fyi.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Did this while I was hanging out in the Hostel I was staying at in Seattle last week.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Sure why not? At least it's not poo poo and blood right?
PS:There may be some blood in one of my old paintings somewhere possibly as well as some ash.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

pixelbaron posted:

Have spent about 2 years recreating a 400 year old magic trick originally printed in Venice. I am finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel:

The front and back cover is going to be foil stamped in white.

Holy gently caress you win, that's lovely!

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That's a pretty nice butterfly there, I'd say it's traditional art since you made it out of wood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Its been a while, so I decided to start doing a sketch thing a day to get back into practice.