Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Some ink wash/pen drawings I've been working on. The first three were part of a commission I was asked to do. The last one is a personal work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

QuestWhat posted:

Your work is always great. Which artists are you influenced by?

Lately, I've been really into Francis Bacon, Goya, and a little bit of William Blake.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

A new piece I did for an upcoming group exhibition.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Another new piece.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

scarycave posted:

A charcoal drawing I posted a photograph of in the DD thread, this is the real thing:

I heard that hair-spray is supposed to help it from completely covering my scanner in charcoal and it seems to have worked, but there's a bit of splotches around.
There's also white spots. That I can't use charcoal on now.

Fixative usually helps keep charcoal from smearing. That's usually what I use.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I'm taking part in a group exhibition based on Twin Peaks in August. Here's one piece I'm working on for it, featuring Killer BOB.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

dupersaurus posted:

How big is your stuff, usually?

Usually, my work's not that big. This one's about 10 by 14, and I usually don't work much bigger.

I find it easier to focus when I do smaller pieces.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

New piece I'm working on for a client.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

New piece I did for a zine project.

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 28, 2013

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

New piece for a Twin Peaks-themed exhibition I'm participating in.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

New piece.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Here's a new ink wash I just completed.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

New ink wash. Trying for something kind of different.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

eminkey2003 posted:

Do you know Otto Dix? You're like a darker Mike Mignola. I bet you'd like to do some etchings too. Try any and all printmaking.

Otto Dix's Der Krieg cycle is one of my favorite series of works ever.

I've definitely done etchings before. I think I might have a few examples of my etchings in this very thread. I'm a huge fan of the medium, I just wish it were easier to do at home instead of having to actually seek out a press.

New drawing for a zombie-themed art show. I know, I know. Zombies are played out as hell.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Shnooks posted:

I have a dumb question for you traditionalists here. I can't seem to get over the fact that now that I've graduated from art school there's no point in making any work because it'll sit in my closet and nobody will even look at it or appreciate it. What do you do with all the work you make? The stuff nobody sees and sits in your tupperware under the bed. If galleries wont take it, where do you put it?

Get an Etsy or Bigcartel account. Make a Facebook fan page and promote the poo poo out of your work.

Look for galleries around you and show your work to them. Chances are, unless your work's recolored Sonic characters acting out weirdly specific fetishes straight out of the depths of DeviantArt, there'll be some gallery in your town that'll take your poo poo.

Don't be afraid to do some digging, either.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Haven't posted in this thread for a while.

Let's change that.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I'm doing a solo show in July. Here's some new stuff I'm working on for it. The first two are portraits modeled by friends of mine.

Last image is probably NSFW.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

smallmouth posted:

I really like these. Are they water color/ink? Also, are you on tumblr?

A mix of both watercolors and ink, actually. Lines are usually done in pen or pencil.

To answer your other question, I am indeed on tumblr.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Reposting from the phiz thread. I started grad school recently, and I've pretty much been working non-stop on new art.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

New stuff. There's more where this came from.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Here's something new.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Detective Thompson posted:

This belongs in a museumon a thrash metal album. This is great.

As is this. I continue to love your work. I assume those are prints in your store, right?

Originals, actually. They're relatively small and also there's a lot of them.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Some new studies.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

New things.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Detective Thompson posted:

Wow. Will this and/or the one with the teeth from your last post go up for sale eventually, or are you keeping those?

Also, I got Cephalophore in the mail yesterday, and it's amazing. Just need to find a suitable frame for it.

They'll probably be up for sale at some point, if not right now.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I don't usually post titles on here, but this one is called "Like Eating All The Peanut Butter At Once". Based loosely on a dream I had.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Got a smattering of new stuff to post. Been working with models for the first time in ages.

I think my body of work's starting to get into a nice Cronenbergy groove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

smallmouth posted:

Wonderful stuff! Do you have a tumblr or anything?

http://brandongeurts.tumblr.com