Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arthus
Nov 11, 2011

SansUnicorn

Rather Tonic posted:

Here are some small drawings I did as a trade. They are trading card size, 2.5" x 3.5". Graphite and marker, on bristol board.

Also, Seneschal, your painting is gorgeous! I agree, the color pallet is amazing.

These are amazing, great detail.

I've been on a fish trip as well. No idea why I ended up with a cubefish though, ball and pyramidfish are halfway done as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthus
Nov 11, 2011

SansUnicorn

eggyolk posted:

Big post coming up.

So I was wondering if anyone has any experience painting over metal leaf. I've read that painting over imitation leaf is fine with oils except for minor adhesion issues. Most likely I'll seal the leaf before doing a second coat just to be safe. Plan is to put imitation gold over the black lettering, and genuine copper behind the figure for the setting sun. Then a sealing coat, then Mucha-esque line work. Any recommendations for safe ways to go about this?

Really nice stuff! I actually think keeping the black lettering black for the contrast, you otherwise might end up with too much faux-gold/copper. (with some super-gloss black it will pop just as good)

Not sure as well if you need a lot more ornamentation (in shape of the line work) it could be too much together with the already quite detailed robot.

Arthus
Nov 11, 2011

SansUnicorn

lumpanoodle posted:

Various abstract geometric pieces I've made this year on sketch paper

Really liking these, the halftoning really creates some depth. Biggest fan of the Art Deco one, but that's probably cause I'm just working on a similar project, those line contrasts work really well.