Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck Party
Feb 26, 2013

There ain't no Party like a Duck Party
Heres a big horned sheep ram commission I did for a band thing. It's acrylic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Party
Feb 26, 2013

A piece I made for the 'Apple and Onion' gallery happening at Cartoon Network in celebration of the release of the new show 'Apple and Onion' which I was lucky enough to work on.
It's acrylic and paper cut out. the inner size is 5x7 the frame is 8x10

Duck Party
Feb 26, 2013

Yes I know Matt, I've worked with him on both Apple and Onion and Pinky Malinky. I don't think he's a goon, but it's not something I ask people.

Duck Party
Feb 26, 2013

I agree, it would be super cool if Matt got his own show. Unfortunately pick ups for shows are very protected by the networks. Anyone in the know about any pickup can get in big trouble for saying anything especially on the internet. Sometimes shows have been in production for several months to a year before they are officially announced. So basically until there is an official announcement of any show the answer is always 'no, there is no show' even when that's a lie. I personally did short with Nickelodeon a couple years ago and I couldn't tell anyone about that until it was officially announced, so it can be particularly frustrating sometimes. We all just want to tell the world but we can't.

Duck Party
Feb 26, 2013

I went plein air painting a couple times recently. acrylic on canvas 12" x 9"

Duck Party
Feb 26, 2013

Has anyone tried this? Painting with inverted colors, so that when you put the invert filter over a photo of the painting it looks the way it's supposed to. I tried it and made this YouTube video. It really puts your knowledge of color theory to the test.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2J7aJNT63Y

Duck Party
Feb 26, 2013

TheMostFrench posted:

Very interesting challenge, something to look into soon! The thank you screen at the end of a video feels like it would work well as a calendar, just a series of images next to their inverted colour counterpart.

Yeah It would be cool if a bunch of people did it and made some kind of book. You can't really tell what it will look like inverted so both the inverted and the original has something cool and unexpected about it.

Duck Party
Feb 26, 2013

I painted a frog in watercolour... and filmed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39re4CvhKlw

Duck Party
Feb 26, 2013

Pick posted:

This is a great tutorial, by the way. I'm not a watercolorist (mostly oils o'er here) but this is a really crisp explanation of how to work well in watercolor. Great work!

EmmyOk posted:

That was a really fun and educational video, I'll definitely be checking out more.

Jack Daniels posted:

Good Goon Art Video.

FunkyAl posted:

Fourth'd on the video, looking forward....to more!

Thanks everyone! Previously my videos have been mostly on animation, and I work full time in animation so I stare at a computer all day so it's really nice to paint on paper for a change!
So nice in fact that I made another video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEhqEE5I3KA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Party
Feb 26, 2013

I made another one of these videos. This time I used a weird limited palette.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE2QJHjixtI