Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Anyone have any experience modifying the characteristics of Golden crackle medium? Even the thinnest application results in platelets that are just too large for my preferred uses.
I'd like to decrease the size of the platelets by at least 50% to match some other brands of texture paint but am having an incredibly hard time figuring out how to do it.

I've tried modifying the surface once I've spread it out with a palette knife with spritzes of flow aid, isopropyl 70%, and atomized dawn dish soap due example and if anything it's increased platelet size or stopped the mediums ability to crack entirely.. I've also gone in the opposite direction and tried using modeling paste and acrylics in different concentrations to adjust the cracking character but I've had no luck altering it's ability to crack, everything has inhibited it if anything.

My goal is to get something more like this

Instead of this

I've already emailed Golden directly and they were just :shrug:

If anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU