Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Here's another one. Critique most welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
What up guys. Caught up with the thread for the past year or so. Nice work in here.
Here's some recent work:

I'm working on this one now:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Elsa posted:

I could see this being a pretty original texturing target for 3D assets, to be animated and rendered. Very cool, has good feel to it.

Whoa, that's really cool. I think it will give you seizures or something, though.

Kanine posted:

is that pepe

Hehe, yes it's cyberpunk pepe.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

sigma 6 posted:

Thanks for this!

That's interesting and nice.
Make for a trippy background or fill.

e: to many "really cool" in one page

Hellbeard fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 14, 2017

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

snucks posted:

Thank you so much for the kind words guys! I have lots of depression and have not transcended a childhood indoctrination that All Art is Sinful Frivolity but maybe I will try to show it to some publishers this winter :unsmith:

I love everything about this

Skull #2:

Just spent about an hour laying cheap acrylic onto a self-portrait. This is the first time I've tried underpainting and I think I completely misunderstood the point of the exercise and probably set myself back and the time would have been better spent carefully building out a good palette. Does anyone have good constructive criticism on going about underpainting? Should I have purely stuck with the burnt umber and used it to build out the basic shadows of the face?

Thank you friend. Your work is very nice. Good control of tone. Looks great, old school.
That's the price of experimenting- if you want to enhance your arsenal you're going to have to be willing to do some work that will not be good to discover how you work best with different techniques.
I'm trying to get a good handle on watercolors. The more I play with them the more I see how powerful they can be, very enjoyable.

Here are some sketches/roughs/experiments with emphasis on watercolor but incorporating ink and colored pencils.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Two new stuff:
Watercolor is fun, it looks great and I love it now.

Not pleased with result but OK.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

snucks posted:

Update on the self portrait: I've reached a point where I know I'm going to start struggling and doubting whether my additions are making the painting better or worse. I fundamentally hosed up by lighting myself at 2500K at peak summer tan, so when I was being true-to-nature with the colors I ended up looking like one of Trump's large adult sons.
Would someone be willing to do a quick paintover to point out some obvious mistakes I'm not seeing? I'm sorry I can't provide a reference photo, I'm doing this all in the mirror and I've only got an iphone for a camera (which is why everything that I'm posting looks so overexposed.) Any tips on portraits in general? This is the first one I've done since high school, and I already know I've messed it up in setup in a bunch of different ways.

Good job. It looks very nice.
Start another one, maybe?
After a few you will improve more than being obsessed with one.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Cyberpunk cats, ink on cartridge paper/bristol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

goodness posted:

This and all your posts are so good!

Thanks man! That's very nice of you to say.

Here's some more stuff from between then and now: