Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
C/P from business thread:

Is Etsy the best place to sell prints of my paintings? Also, how much should I expect to pay a photographer to take photos that I can use for print production?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
How much should I sell paintings for?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

AltruisticNemesis posted:

See I have this problem too. I looked at similar sizes on Etsy and they are going for $50+ so I decided on $50. Nothing is selling really though so either my art sucks or it's too expensive?

If you find the answer to this glorious riddle on pricing art please let me know cause I'm about to set fire to stuff out of frustration.

Art seems a lot like wine in my opinion.

You see two bottles of wine. One is priced for $1, and the other for $100. Which is higher quality? Of course, you assume the latter, because why would the first one be so cheap if it wasn't a worthless piece of poo poo?

Sometimes it's worth it to price art higher than you normally would, for the fact that the price gives it value. I just don't know what that price is supposed to be.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
How do you price your artwork?

This isn't a full-time job for me, and I'm not established at all. I was thinking of something like "cost of materials + 50%," but I didn't know if there was a more specific way people do it. Thanks.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Here's the last thing I did that I'm proud of enough to show to other people. Criticism appreciated (i.e. why or why not would someone ever want to buy this)