Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Working on a triptych for a summer class and have my 1st and 3rd 6"x6" panels worked out:

Both from photos, both from using a grid for at least the base sketch. Center panel will be watercolor with colored pencil in browns. I'd love some tips for either; this is a color theory class so apart from random 1-on-1 time with the prof I'm riding blind. Though I have to say I'm pretty stoked with my watercolor, since this was my last attempt at painting back in January:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Carotid posted:

I ran out of time before I could darken the shadows on the table, but overall I'm pretty pleased with it. I feel like I'm improving a lot on making things look more realistic.

Goddamn I love your depth of color.

I just finished this (although I already want to go back and change stuff, like the harsher highlights) and took some pics through the process. I'd love to see other peoples' progress shots if they take them; I feel like I learn more from that than almost anything right now.