Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

silicone thrills posted:

thats so fuckin rad.

I uh have been going whole hog polishing my skills back up. Did this today. felt ~ good ~ same reference from a gouache i posted up above but oils today.

One thing that I havent figured out with oils is how the gently caress to get the lighting right to take a straight on photo. Glossy fuckin paint just blow everything out in photos. At least with a single light. I do realize I could set up like 2-3 different lights but setting up a full photo studio set up for mid work snaps is a pain

Shoot on overcast days or magic hour.

Zoben posted:

dude that's fuckin sweet

Thanks guys! Making visuals is great but I am trying not to get too hung up on it. Easy to treat it like a job and get anxiety over it. Especially when you have a live audience and are getting paid to do it. However, that last part doesn't always work out well. VJs have sliding scales. Some get paid late or very little etc. I still haven't been paid from the gig these pics are from. Then there are the VJs that work events like Coachella. I am not that guy.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Xposted from the Daily Drawing thread.

Sugar Man.

Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right.

Made with graphite and photoshop. I still can't paint in photoshop but I can sometimes "fix" stuff ... lol

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Booyah- posted:

Thanks for all the advice, this has been super helpful. I'm in the states btw

I should learn about this then, I have a favorite paper that's not labeled or branded so trying to match it would be good

One of my favorite painters uses 40 lb Fabriano Cold Press. Take that for what you will. He manages to use a poo poo ton of acrylic and floetrol and it never warps ... well not noticeably anyways. He taught me that many years ago. At least if you are going for acrylic washes / glazing.

http://www.michaelpukac.com/

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

IkeTurner posted:

I've been really into chalk/charcoal white on black card stock for a while now.

I think my brain just might be predisposed to light additive rather than the usual inverse, putting dark ink or otherwise on to white canvas.

Edit: Additional nonsense:

Getting into kinda half and half here, building on dark with light. (Also, some of these are studies of Ellison Hoover works, or are insprired by them.)

I'm open to suggestions on how to further explore this area of light-additive doodling. I've looked into getting into woodcuts and similar techniques. I suppose the next logical step might be oil paints possibly?
These are great!

Have you tried water soluable pencils? Or inktense pencils? Not sure if the cardstock will hold water well but it doesn't take much water to move around the pencil graphite or inktense uh... ink.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Quick Change

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Thanks! It's another in a series of clowns.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 13, 2023

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Year of the rabbit.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Think I almost done with this one.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Some Wizards fan art for the inktober prompt "Saddle".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

"Remove"