Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Anyone know if the fixative spray used on painted miniatures (which my brother has a lot of) will work fine on drawings on paper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Is gouache safe to dispose of down the bathroom sink? How about its waste water?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Is it a bad idea for me to follow along in gouache a (video) class taught in oil? As far as I know, the class is about color, not oil technique.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I just discovered pan pastels. Pretty fun! But it doesn't seem possible to get a good level of detail without resorting to another medium like colored pencils. Or uh, a sharpened pastel I guess. Also I can't seem to go very dark with them.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Self-improvement month is over; time to remain stagnant for the rest of my life like any sane person

Babby's first Bargue plates

Master studies in graphite and charcoal

Drawing from plaster cast

My first live models

Babby's first oil paintings (all master studies)

Self-portrait

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Did someone say watercolors??? I recently bought a simple pan set because I wanted to try doing travel sketching in color instead of B&W.

Some preliminary practice I did from photos I took (all pieces limited to 20-30 minutes):

Then a whole bunch of actual plein air from my trip to Singapore.

I feel like painting it live rather than from photos poses significantly different challenges to my sensibilities, even accounting for how drawing from life is different from drawing from a flat image.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Would painting with a set of CMYK gouache paints help me learn to digitally paint in colors that don't suddenly look dull when printed out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Anyone in London know where I can get these Claybord things I've been hearing about? I've been to several of the stores listed on their website but they either don't actually carry it, or only carry the kind mounted on wooden frames, or would need to ship it in from a warehouse hundreds of miles away--and that won't arrive before I leave on Tuesday, so I need to find a place that has them onsite immediately. Since I'm touring the rest of the time, I can't order from Amazon either since nobody can receive the package for me at this Airbnb.

Edit: for the record, the answer was Russell and Chapele. The website of Ampersand lists many stores that carry it, but most of them said I'd have to place an order. Fortunately, this store was close enough to the National Gallery that I was able to drop by and find a whole bunch of them up for grabs.

Argue fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 7, 2019