Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

I got one of these that does the job of screen protector and keyboard, all in one nice, slim, light package. I love my slim, light package.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/solar-keyboard-folio

I know it's not exactly what you're asking for but you flip the cover when you're not using it and your screen is protected. The only way I can see you damaging your screen while you are using it is by dropping it. Unless you've got kids or something I guess or there's some other creative way that isn't jumping out at me.

I see screen protectors as the modern day equivalent of your grandparents wrapping the couch in plastic. Hey, check it out, your *thing* is going to stay pristine forever! Sure it will, because you'll never actually get to enjoy it properly or get the most out of it. I think some sort of slimline case is going to do the job way better than a bit of plastic or something on your actual screen, messing up your display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Anyone got any ideas how animated gifs are slow as hell and choppy, even when fully loaded, on my brand new 4th gen iPad, while they work just fine on my old iPhone 4?

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Not a single one of any of the gifs I come across manage to stutter or blink their way to "fine" territory.

It gets so bad that on a page with a lot of gifs that my keyboard starts lagging seconds behind what I'm typing as well. I'm scared that it's contagious and if I stay on a lovely gif page too long, I'm going to start strobe lighting around the place irl as well.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Yeah, Safari. My iPad's only newish, so I haven't tried messing around with other programs yet but to be honest, I shouldn't have to either.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

That's the thing, gifs don't play smoothly once they're fully loaded. The stuttering goes on forever. It's even more frustrating when the exact same gifs run fine on my iPhone 4 and my connection is 100mb so that sure isn't the issue.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

That or keep an eye on SA-Mart.

Dude, did you get your parrot sped up a whole bunch or am I way more hammered that I thought I was right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

So on the Apple website, they say the iPad Air is twice as fast as "it's predecessor," and then when you go to the compare specs page, they only have the Air and the iPad 2. There's no 4th gen iPad. So is "twice as fast" referring to the 4th gen or the iPad 2?