Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

badjohny posted:

I am at a loss, so maybe someone here can help. We just got in 30+ new iPads. The lawyers that use them would like to be able to access about 30 files that they all use on the go. I know i can email the files to each person, copy them over to pages one by one and it would work. But every time the files need updating I would have to go machine to machine to redo them.

I would like something like dropbox where they would all have access to it, but for security reason I have been told the solution needs to reside on our network. I have exchange and a standard windows 2012 r2 setup. I know that sharepoint seems to do what I want, but it also does about 1000x more than we need.

I was looking at bitsync for setting up a shared folder and then just installing the app on each iPad. Something like that would work I think, but I am not sure its the best method.

Any ideas would be great.

Get in touch with the Apple Business Team. They're there for solutions like yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Funso Banjo posted:

Not a pricey lesson for you, though, right?

Give your brother the thing back and tell him it's his problem for being an idiot.

Just an FYI. An apple store CAN unlock one of these, although they absolutely won't without a proof of purchase for the NEW serial numbered iPad, a used proof of purchase from a second hand store, even a wallmart or target isn't enough. A little over a year ago there was a huge problem where a small Chinese group was able to access iCloud records and, without ever having physical access to an iPad, could turn on the Where's My iPad functionality attached to that account, but connect it to another iCloud account. These were always tied to a QQ.com email address, but Apple never got to the bottom of it, and IOS 8.1.3 and a server side fix sorted the problem out. Apple stores at that time unlocked a few thousand devices, so they can do it. If the address it is currently attached to is a ****@qq.com address, there's a tiny chance you might get some joy at an apple store, though I would expect without a proof of purchase they'll just wave you away.

A receipt with the serial number and name with ID will get an unlock.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Yes but he will get a remanufactured one and not a retail new one.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

flosofl posted:

So? It still has the same warranty, and if he has AppleCare it will transfer over to the replacement.

He specifically said he didn't want to pay full price to end up with a refurbished one. I'm not disagreeing and saying the refurbished ones are bad.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

mediaphage posted:

Also every time this has happened to me with mobile devices (I've gotten screen defects on I think every single Apple device I've owned, and I'm not even that picky; my current 6s Plus has two big white spots I need to get fixed) they've just gone and gotten a new one and swapped it on the spot. Not saying this will happen every time, but there's a definite non-zero chance.

I sincerely doubt they do this unless you're close to your purchase date.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

The Gillman posted:

Has anyone had Swift Playground stop working on the new public beta? Every time I start a new page nothing animates and it throws up a crash log screen

Use your minimal coding knowledge to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

You can probably recycle it at an Apple store and they'll give you a 10% discount on a new one.

That's for iPods